PDA

View Full Version : Cases

Dave Voyles
Apr-10-2004, 6:27am
My new Muth will be delivered within the next month and I'm wondering about the best case for it. I have a like new Pegesus with a Small Dog case cover. It offers great protection but no storage for music and little for picks, tuner, etc. I've read the posts on the Bobelock cases. Do they offer as good protection as the Pegesus? I also had an old Presto but found it to be very heavy. Is there one case that will fit all my needs?

Scotti Adams
Apr-10-2004, 8:32am
Hey Dave..I wouldnt say that the Bobelock is bullet proof like the Pegasus or a Calton...but it is a great case..personaly I dont need a boat anchor for a case because its pretty much by my side all the time...those cases dont have near the storage as the BL...good luck..

Dave Voyles
Apr-10-2004, 9:46am
Thanks Scotti:

I'm not sure I need the bomb proof case either. I don't foresee ever flying with it and otherwise I should be in control. I'm partucularly interested in something I can use at Kamp Kaufman this summer. It was a pain last summer carrying a case plus a briefcase for my music, recorder, etc.

Scotti Adams
Apr-10-2004, 3:36pm
..the cool thing about the Bobelock is that its got the outside zipper compartment...plus inside that its got another compartment..theres just no end to storage...thats not including all the room that you have inside the case..

Jaded
Apr-10-2004, 4:32pm
The bobelock looks like a great case, I don't have any experience with them tho.

I do have a "supercase" from First Quality. It offers a nice level of protection and plenty of storage. It has a big external pocket and a small compartment inside.

It also has a shoulder strap and backpack straps, which make carrying it around festivals and such much easier. Main drawback would be that for a mandolin case it's a bit bulky and heavy...not calton heavy, but still heavy.