PDA

View Full Version : Number two at last

Mandopickr
Apr-09-2004, 5:34pm
Here are a couple pics of my second attempt.

Mandopickr
Apr-09-2004, 5:36pm
Ok lemme try again

Mandopickr
Apr-09-2004, 5:38pm
Sorry about the lighting its getting ready to snow here in Denver...here's the back

mandofiddle
Apr-09-2004, 5:44pm
Very nice Doug. How's she sound?

Jim Hilburn
Apr-09-2004, 6:38pm
Nice! I love the sunburst.
For those who don't know, this is Doug from the band High Plains Tradition. Among his other talents is writing great traditional style bluegrass songs and backing them with some killer mandolin pickin'.

Apr-09-2004, 7:48pm
Hey....that is "very" nicely done. One of the best early mandos i've seen yet. How does "she" sound?

Brookside
Apr-09-2004, 9:27pm
Very nice work Doug. Great sunburst. I'd love to see a close-up of the inlay.

Yonkle
Apr-09-2004, 10:34pm
Nice Job! I like the colors a bit different from most yet still very traditional. I just finished #3, How do you like the tone so far?

Mandopickr
Apr-10-2004, 11:53pm
Well the tone is a bit thin so far...but it's only been strung up for about a week now. However it's got almost 24 hours playing time on it. My wife already kicked me out of the house and made me go to the shop to play. I'll get some pics of the headstock when I finish inlaying the #2 in the trussrod cover.

Doug

John Zimm
Apr-12-2004, 3:18pm
That's beautiful. Good work. I hope she treats you well. A mandolin would never force you to go somewhere else to play. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

-John.

neal
Apr-12-2004, 5:21pm
Man, you guys amaze me that you can build these things. Nice lookin'!

Mandopickr
Apr-19-2004, 12:21pm
I got to play my new baby on stage the other night at a gig and the boys in the band thought it sounded great. Mr. Hillburn was there too, I really enjoyed playing songs I wrote playing a mando that I built. What fun!

Jim Hilburn
Apr-19-2004, 1:13pm
You should have seen him beaming up there.
You should check out these guy's cd's. we're talking serious traditional bluegrass, only Doug writes some of the best originals you've ever heard, and they can really back them up with the picking and harmony work.
Thats High Plains Tradition.