PDA

View Full Version : Hans’ Backyard

iampeterfonda
May-09-2006, 8:20pm
It seems like I’ve seen those bushes so many times here on the café with someone else’s mandolin in front of them, and now it’s mine. #This is where the wait really begins…Knowing it’s done but not dry enough to ship.

I haven’t seen an M23 like this before (a 21 or 2 yes, but not a 23). #Italian Spruce top, single bound front and back, upgraded woods, Waverly tuners with ebony knobs, and the James tailpiece.

Clayton

iampeterfonda
May-09-2006, 8:22pm
full front

iampeterfonda
May-09-2006, 8:24pm
the back...love that you can see the flame at the edges and in the scoll

iampeterfonda
May-09-2006, 8:25pm
and the headstock

JEStanek
May-09-2006, 8:29pm
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

piknleft
May-09-2006, 8:48pm
It appears even the oak leaves felt humbled in comparison....
Hauntingly pretty.....More pics? Thanks, Mike

iampeterfonda
May-09-2006, 8:52pm
That's all the finished pictures Hans has sent so far, I'll get on him about sending a picture of the ribs

cbogle
May-09-2006, 10:13pm
Bee-yoo-t-full!

levin4now
May-09-2006, 10:14pm
Definitely a stellar piece of work. What a finish!

(Can someone here tell me what a Brentrup sounds like?) I imagine fantastic.

Skip Kelley
May-10-2006, 6:21am
Sweet! Love the sunburst!!

Mandobar
May-10-2006, 9:01am
the only way i can describe the sound is like this- i was at a mandolin festival in march. i was sitting between a fellow with a collings MF5 and one with a varnished MT2. every time i hit a chord the fellow with the mt2 looked over at me. at the end of the session he came up to me and asked if he could play my brentrup 23v. he went off to one side and sat there for some time playing it. lots more leg room, as they say. lots of boost. kind of like a porsche boxter s........or a car with a turbo charger. whole lotta depth. perhaps we should have a Brentrup Fest here on the east coast.

clayton, my stealth is sitting right there along side your m23........finish hardening. and i can honestly say that with 5 other B's here i am still getting a bit anxious now.

Kevin K
May-10-2006, 9:18am
Boy I like the way that looks.

mandopete
May-10-2006, 9:52am
Yes, it's different is a very good way. I bet it sounds as good as it looks!

Bill Van Liere
May-10-2006, 10:38am
iampeterfonda

I own a 21 trimmed out very close to that. Mine has a black nut and black tailpiece also, very violinish looking. Simple elegence that it hard to capture with a camera.

Have fun

Kevin K
May-10-2006, 11:36am
Mando-lynn,

Got a picture you can share?
Thanks.

iampeterfonda
May-10-2006, 1:41pm
Mary, I don't know if you're into Celtic but we have the Cape Cod Celtic Festival June 22-25. John McGann will be teach three or four workshops and it would be a great time to visit Cape Cod. You should think about comming up.

Mando-lynn, black nut and tailpiece sounds very cool

Clayton

jasona
May-11-2006, 10:39am
That is beautiful--reminds me of the Phoenix Europa model and Craig Murray's Heiden. I love this style of mandolin!

Wesley
May-11-2006, 3:08pm
I guess I should fess up and chime in here too. I have an M21V with an Italian top that must be in that same batch that Hans will be shipping soon. My fingers are getting itchy. Life is good.

iampeterfonda
May-11-2006, 6:05pm
Wesley, let's see it, post a picture.

Lane Pryce
May-11-2006, 7:33pm
Very nice!! Lp

Wes post a pic!!!!! Lp http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

Wesley
May-12-2006, 8:01am
I have to get it first. I understand it will arrive next week. I'll take photos AFTER I take it out for a test drive.