PDA

View Full Version : M4S SB Washburn Mandolin

fatt-dad
Jan-27-2004, 8:40pm
Dear NG,

Does anyone know about the Washburn model numbers and if so can you tell me about the specifications for the M4S sb model. Other than the photo (it looks good) and knowing that it would be available for 48 hour test drive, I wonder about the original specs, and their playability.

Thanks in advance.

fatt-dad

LSimons
Jan-28-2004, 8:52am
I bought a new M4S SB Jethro Burns model in 1980 with serial number 1408, maybe that can give you some idea. This mando has served me very well and been trouble free. I have been thinking about selling it as I recently got a couple of really nice American made A models. I don't think a M4S SB will cure chronic MAS, but should provide relief for several years, especially if you luck out an find a particularly good one.

LSimons
Jan-28-2004, 8:53am
I bought a new M4S SB Jethro Burns model in 1980 with serial number 1408, maybe that can give you some idea. This mando has served me very well and been trouble free. I have been thinking about selling it as I recently got a couple of really nice American made A models. I don't think a M4S SB will cure chronic MAS, but should provide relief for several years, especially if you luck out an find a particularly good one.

grsnovi
Feb-23-2004, 10:38pm
I replied to a thread re: an M-3 and discussed with a fellow. It seems like they have their model designation followed by SW or S standing for "solid wood" or "solid" and then a finish designation "SB" most likely being "sunburst" then followed by the serial number, which in the case of the M-3 seems to start with the two digit year. So, for example mine starts with 92 indicating a 1992 birthday. The other fellow's started with 89. Not sure where these are being made now, I was under the impression that 92 was Korea.