PDA

View Full Version : Rainy and Cold - Merlefest Time!

Thomas
Apr-27-2006, 10:37am
It just isn't fair. It's been warmer and drier all winter and spring, and when Merlefest starts, it gets rainy and cold. I think it's a conspiracy.

Jonathan James
May-01-2006, 8:16am
Actually, despite the weather forecast, Merlefest was perfect! No rain while I was there and nice sunny skies each day.

Lane Pryce
May-01-2006, 9:13am
Yeah I thught the weather was excellent. Thursday was a little iffy. It rained all night Wednesday and was raining Thursday when I left Asheboro at noon. Ran out of it between Greensboro and Winston and into blue skies. Saturday was excellent. Lp

Windflite
May-01-2006, 9:36am
Ditto's about the weather. We drove in on Thursday morning through some pretty heavy rain, however, it stopped about 5 miles from our campsite and didn't rain again till half way home.

Who was that in the Mando Cafe T-Shirt walking in the main gate Saturday PM at about 6:00 or so? I was chatting with a buddy and caught the t-shirt out of the corner of my eye...

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

bud
May-01-2006, 11:34am
I was there proudly sporting my cafe t-shirt on Sunday. Had a blast this year again, and the weather was super. Compton continues to blow me away. I was on the front row in the grass yesterday at the Americana stage. After one sizzling break, he caught me scratching my head and he stuck his tongue out at me. Like, how did you like that. Or at least that is how I interpreted it. How about that lady jumping up on stage with NBB on Saturday and dancing to Pretty Red Lips. Someday, I'll have to get the other verses to that song.

Bud

Ken Berner
May-03-2006, 3:26pm
jjboone101, Glad to meet you at MerleFest, if only for just a moment. Before I spotted your Cafe t-shirt, I met Mike Compton and was able to get in the camera lens with him; what a treat! I hope you got around to Creekside in time for MandoMania; it was absolutely spectacular, just like the weather!

Jonathan James
May-03-2006, 3:44pm
Yeah Ken, likewise! Next year we'll have to organize an official meeting spot for all the Cafe brethren, like next to Creekside before MandoMania!

Lane Pryce
May-03-2006, 4:09pm
JJ thats a great idea!! Lp

Ken Berner
May-03-2006, 8:07pm
JLP, I like your town of Ashboro. My wife and I visited that area several years ago, checking out all of the potters. We also spent quite a while at the huge zoo up there and really enjoy our visit.