PDA

View Full Version : Thile vid clips

jefflester
Apr-19-2006, 12:58pm
From a Station Inn performance last summer.

http://www.aaronharp.com/?p=43

Baron Collins-Hill
Apr-22-2006, 11:04am
very very cool

littlemoe
Apr-23-2006, 2:25am
I dont see where the chris thile clip is on this site.

jackofall
Apr-23-2006, 6:14am
I just watched the "smoothie" clip.

I have lost the will to live. This is where I hang up the mando and take up playing spoons or triangle.

littlemoe
Apr-24-2006, 12:44am
links dont connect

Michael Wolf
Apr-24-2006, 3:08am
I laso can't find this video. Any advise?

jasona
Apr-24-2006, 3:13am
Probably the number of hits this poor fellow got overloaded his bandwidth allowance and his host ganked the files. Or, perhaps the performers found out about it and asked for them to be taken down.

I'd love to see the Smoothie Song clip. If these videos somehow found their way to youtube...

jefflester
Apr-24-2006, 7:49pm
They were there when I checked just now, perhaps the bandwidth resets daily.

mustache
Apr-24-2006, 10:19pm
Speaking of Thile and www.youtube.com, I did a search on youtube for Tony Rice and found a clip of a Merlefest jam. Everyone should watch this because it features every heavy hitter in the biz, including Vassar Clemens, Larry Rice, Grisman, Bush and Thile. And Thile! I am not a Nickel Creek fan, but oh boy can this kid play. He steals the show with his break during this clip. Check it out.

sboneill
Apr-25-2006, 7:39am
Mustache, I think Sam and David are just tremendous mandolin players but the tone and clarity that Thile gets is just wonderful.

-S

PS. jeff I just tried the links on you site but it just opens another window to so text. I wll try again

mustache
Apr-26-2006, 4:33am
S,

No arguing with that!!

jefflester
Apr-27-2006, 12:52pm
PS. jeff I just tried the links on you site but it just opens another window to so text. I wll try again
Yes, I see now. Before, the page didn't even open when he bandwidth was exceeded. Now the page opens but the links don't work. :-(

jefflester
Apr-27-2006, 12:54pm
Speaking of Thile and www.youtube.com, I did a search on youtube for Tony Rice and found a clip of a Merlefest jam. Everyone should watch this because it features every heavy hitter in the biz, including Vassar Clemens, Larry Rice, Grisman, Bush and Thile. And Thile! I am not a Nickel Creek fan, but oh boy can this kid play. He steals the show with his break during this clip. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaElzgIDUUE