PDA

View Full Version : Roland's Randy Wood

mandobando
Apr-14-2006, 11:08am
No financial interest here of course but Roland's 68 Randy Wood is for sale at Gruhn Guitars in Nashville. Great pictures of a mandolin that has seen quite a bit of action.

www.gruhn.com under inventory, mandolins.

AlanN
Apr-14-2006, 11:17am
Hmm, that was the ebay item some time ago.

j-hill
Apr-14-2006, 11:38am
'very extensively used' is maybe still a bit too kind considering how that looks. Given that comparison, I'm 'virtually new.' Ok, I'm 'gently used' at best.

Jason

johnM
May-12-2006, 11:15am
You shouldnt judge a book by its covers, and as bill monroe said as he scraped the brand new factory finish off his loar "maybe now no one will want to steal it!"

jm

johnM
May-12-2006, 11:15am
You shouldnt judge a book by its covers, and as bill monroe said as he scraped the brand new factory finish off his loar "maybe now no one will want to steal it!"

jm

Steven Stone
May-12-2006, 1:16pm
["maybe now no one will want to steal it!"]

But the question at hand is "Will anyone buy it?"

For the asking price of Roland's mando there's a lot of other fine mandos available for well-heeled players.

Does its collectable and historical value warrant its price? Only the marketplace will tell..... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Jonathan James
May-12-2006, 3:26pm
I must be blind; I'm not seeing it on the Gruhn's site under Mandolin Inventory....

Bill Snyder
May-12-2006, 10:11pm
I must be blind; I'm not seeing it on the Gruhn's site under Mandolin Inventory....
Since this was originally posted on April 14 I would think that there is a chance that this mandolin is no longer available.

Jonathan James
May-13-2006, 7:01am
Ah, you must be right. It's not on there any longer, so I guess so much for the "but will it sell" line of thinking....

Rick Schmidlin
May-13-2006, 10:27am
It's sold