PDA

View Full Version : Main Builders for Gibson

runofthemill
Apr-13-2006, 9:23am
Folks,

I was wondering who the main builders are at Gibson these days...I have a custom Gibson F5-G, New with a wideneck (I just got after purging a weber bitterroot), My first big time mandolin, it can really sing and has this tone that I love (very woody, very crisp)...I just wanted to know who directs the assembly, etc.

Kevin Briggs
Apr-23-2006, 9:49am
I think it's Danny Roberts.

ronlane3
Apr-23-2006, 10:23am
Danny isn't building them, he is just over the production and signs the labels.

GeoMandoAlex
Apr-23-2006, 11:15am
What is Charlie been up to these days. I assume he is no longer with Gibson. I have not seen him post in a while.

SternART
Apr-23-2006, 1:29pm
Charlie was part of a Loar panel discussion on Feb.2, 2006 at Supergrass in Bakersfield.
I know he was still with Gibson then.

Big Joe
Apr-23-2006, 5:12pm
Charlie is still with Gibson, but not at OAI. Danny Roberts is manager of repair at Opry Mills. Niether works in production.

pickinNgrinnin
Apr-23-2006, 5:30pm
So who are the folks working in production?

Kevin Briggs
Apr-23-2006, 6:29pm
Yeah, thanks for no information, Big Joe. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

GeoMandoAlex
Apr-23-2006, 8:40pm
Charlie is still with Gibson, but not at OAI. Danny Roberts is manager of repair at Opry Mills. Niether works in production.
Thanks for the info Big Joe. I was wondering because when I joined, Charlie posted fairly often. I have not seen him post in a while.

wallflower
Apr-23-2006, 8:49pm
Big Joe-

Does Danny Roberts still sign the mandolins? #If not, who does?

Thanks,

Jeff