PDA

View Full Version : Bill's busted Loar question?

F5G WIZ
Apr-11-2006, 2:45am
Was wondering if any of you know the inside story as to how Bill Monroe's Loar got busted by the fire poker. SOunds like a spiteful thing to do. I even heard someone once say they thought his son had done it. Was just wondering.

recklessmando
Apr-11-2006, 3:08am
Darrin, This exact topic was discussed not too long ago. The thread has all the lurid details. If it wasn't three in the morning I'd try and find it for you but it shouldn't be a very hard search.

F5G WIZ
Apr-11-2006, 3:51am
Thanks I will look for it.

F5G WIZ
Apr-11-2006, 4:22am
Found it. Thanks

f5loar
Apr-11-2006, 9:22pm
Not Bill's son, but one of Jimmy Martin's sons. For all those years of keeping his daddy off the Opry was the rumor. It's no secret it turned out to be a woman scorned and Bill being the gentleman he was could not press charges against a lady no matter how crazed she acted.
When a man takes a "bible beatin'" from a woman and goes on about his business that's a real southern gentleman.
Bill knew how to treat the ladies.

Moosie
Apr-12-2006, 10:02am
Could you direct me to the posting about Bills Loar? I cant seem to locate the post through the search option. I have often wondered what the whole story was

thanks

F5G WIZ
Apr-14-2006, 3:40am
I typed in "Bill and damage" in the search and it came up as: Story behind Bill Monroe's mandolin being vandalized.

harleymando
Apr-15-2006, 8:48am
If i find my mando busted up, ill know its my x wife!

harleymando
Apr-15-2006, 8:50am
or, my new girlfriend, when she becomes my x!

Brian Ray
Apr-15-2006, 1:10pm
Here tis... (http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=12;t=18841)