PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Mandocello

Ted Eschliman
Apr-06-2006, 4:10pm
You'll enjoy this picture of Hamilton de Holanda's new Arrow Mandocello from Paul Lestock (http://arrowguitar.com/). From what Mike Marshall tells me, it was love at first site when Hamilton was introduced to this at Wintergrass. Pictured with him is special guest Zelia Duncan during a recent Brazilian gig with his quintet.

SternART
Apr-06-2006, 6:10pm
Very cool, I'd like to hear him play cello!
And good for Paul Lestock!

siren_20
Apr-06-2006, 7:25pm
Too cool. I've played one of Paul's OMs in that same shape. His 'cellos are phenominal, too.

steve V. johnson
Apr-10-2006, 6:02pm
I loved Paul Lestock's "G"-shape mandolin(s) and octave mandolin(s), but when I last looked at his website, they were absent from the displays...

Do any of you know why? Will he no longer make them?

I can't afford one, but I'm saving my pennies...

Thanks,

stv

Ted Eschliman
Apr-10-2006, 9:17pm
Here's a batch he made last Winter:

steve V. johnson
Apr-14-2006, 9:39pm
Hey Ted,

Thanks very much! "... last winter..." eh? Hmmm.... <GG>

This is a wonderful picture, tho, and I'm deeply glad that he hasn't abandoned the design!

Gratefully,

stv

Ted Eschliman
Apr-15-2006, 5:56am
Coupla guys clowning around in my office at work with my Jazzbo:

arrowmandolin
Apr-15-2006, 9:16am
"G"-shape mandolin(s) and octave mandolin(s), but when I last looked at his website, they were absent from the displays.
Do any of you know why? Will he no longer make them?
[QUOTE]

Steve,

Sorry about the Arrow website- I know it's in shambles,part of the reason[after it crashed and we lost the "new" pages] is that there are 3 other new designs that I'm currently developing. As soon as they're finished,we'll include them and have the site back up.
With luck it will be before 2013.

steve V. johnson
Apr-16-2006, 12:35pm
Hi Paul!

Nice to hear from you! #Sorry to hear of your website woes... (I can't get one up and working, how lame is that? ... so I understand.)

It's great news that you have new designs! #Wonderful! #Woohoo! #Best wishes for those and for the site repair and all.

While I might have your attention, are there any recordings out of one of your G-style octave mandolins?

Also, if you know of any G-octaves looking for new homes, please feel free to let me know?

Many thanks, and all the best,

stv