PDA

View Full Version : Huge "April Fools Sale" at 12 Fret

mr51
Apr-06-2006, 1:57pm
Saw this on another forum, and thought someone may be interested.

12 Fret in Canada is having a great sale that ends on Saturday. They are showing some killer pricing on guitars, mandolins, etc....

If your looking for a new instrument, check them out now, before it is too late.

www.12fret.com

Go to the "April Fools Sale" page.

Repent34
Apr-06-2006, 2:07pm
I didn't see that link?

PaulD
Apr-06-2006, 2:15pm
Saw this on another forum, and thought someone may be interested.

12 Fret in Canada is having a great sale that ends on Saturday. They are showing some killer pricing on guitars, mandolins, etc....

If your looking for a new instrument, check them out now, before it is too late.

www.12fret.com

Go to the "April Fools Sale" page.

Try this...

www.12fret.com (http://www.12fret.com/)
pd

mr51
Apr-06-2006, 2:19pm
Here is the link

http://www.12fret.com/sale/saleindex.htm

scgc.om
Apr-07-2006, 12:30pm
I've ordered an entry level open back b@#&o (clawhammer) . . . ! #Talked about April Foolzjavascript:%20InstaSmilie()!! #Anyone here playing frailing? #Any good recommendations for Internet audio lessons for a beginner?

Michael Lewis
Apr-08-2006, 12:41am
Old time banjo is such a subjective arena it is difficult to recommend instruction tapes but you will find out what suits you and what doesn't. I really like the clean picking of Bob Carlin. Some really interesting stuff on his recordings. If you can find Bob Flesher you will enjoy his instructional material too.

Jim Yates
Apr-08-2006, 9:50am
I'd recommend Ken Perlman, but will second Michael Lewis's Bob Carlin suggestion. I don't think he has any instructional material, but check out Howie Burson. Ditto Chris Coole.

jasona
Apr-08-2006, 10:35am
Ditto Chris Coole.
I love Chris' sound on the banjo!

Arto
Apr-10-2006, 3:43am
Ken Perlmanīs book "Clawhammer style banjo" is an excellent one, with extremely clear written instruction and good photographs. The downside for me was that much of the pieces included were modern unfamiliar compositions (especially the more advanced material), so for a novice a book using standard material could have been easier. I donīt know if there is any CD available for the book - when I was playing clawhammer years ago, there was none. (Due to my dear wifeīs opinion about banjo music, I have concentrated on mandolin for many years...)

Homespun tapes has many clawhammer tutor videos available.

greetings, Arto