PDA

View Full Version : Country Gentlemen Reunion Band

EggerRidgeBoy
Mar-31-2006, 1:25am
Went to see the Country Gentlemen Reunion Band last night at the State Theater in Falls Church, Virginia. The group consists of Tom Gray, Eddie Adcock, Jimmy Gaudreau, and Randy Waller. When he wants to, Randy sure can sound a LOT like his father. Listening to him sing "Matterhorn" or "Bringing Mary Home" or "Rebel Soldier" I could have closed my eyes and believed it was Charlie.

Eddie was playing the Epiphone banjo he used on all of the classic Country Gents recordings - something he hasn't done for a long time since, as he said, these days he is paid to play a Deering. Randy was of course playing Charlie's guitar. Near the end of the show, the MC brought out John Duffey's mandolin for Jimmy to play - it was kind of neat to see those three instruments being played together (not sure if Tom's bass was of the same vintage or not). John's mandolin is now owned by Akira Otsuka, who was at the show.

The Reunion Band will be doing about six to eight shows a year. You can find their schedule on Randy Waller's website.

swampstomper
Mar-31-2006, 1:35am
It's nice to see Randy Waller acknowledging the Classic Country Gentlemen, and nice to see those guys get together. Tasteful musicians all. So... what was Jimmy playing most of the time? A Rigel? Back in the Gents days I believe he played an F5.

EggerRidgeBoy
Apr-01-2006, 1:01am
It's nice to see Randy Waller acknowledging the Classic Country Gentlemen, and nice to see those guys get together. #Tasteful musicians all. #So... what was Jimmy playing most of the time? A Rigel? Back in the Gents days I believe he played an F5.
For most of the show I believe Jimmy was playing his Rigel JG-5.