PDA

View Full Version : Lyric search

ManjoMan
Mar-24-2006, 11:49am
I have looked everywhere on the internet I can think, but I cannot find the lyrics to "Where Have You Gone Now, Molly?" Can anyone help me get a copy of these.

neal
Mar-26-2006, 1:12pm
Well, you can pay 1 buck for it here. (http://www.bluegrasspreservation.org/process.php?PHPSESSID=89b087138aecfb1ce929accced02 4f8f&pname=ShowAlbumDetailsProcess-Start&CategoryID=24&AlbumID=83) #I have no connection with the site.

mandoJeremy
Mar-29-2006, 6:27pm
Well being that was our band's song when I was with Wyatt Rice & Santa Cruz I just grabbed the CD out and typed out the lyrics for you. #I should have remembered it by heart but that was some time back!

Verse 1

Molly came and told me she was leaving
Just like she told me many times
I guess I took it for granted
That she always would be mine

Chorus
Where have you gone now Molly
Why did you leave me here this way
Who is the one that stole your heart
Wish you were coming back to stay

Instrumental break

Verse 2

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder
And fonder of you I grow everyday
But if I had just once more chance to see you
Oh darling this is what I’d say

Chorus

Repeat Chorus after instrumental break

mandoJeremy
Mar-29-2006, 6:28pm
Oh yeah, the title of the song is simply "Molly".

djweiss
Mar-29-2006, 7:17pm
MandoJeremy: I really enjoy that Wyatt Rice & Santa Cruz album...are you playing mandolin on it?

mandoJeremy
Mar-29-2006, 9:16pm
No, I went with them like a month after the CD was completed and it was released during my tenure with the band. I spent around two years with Wyatt and it was a great time and great learning experience musically. Wyatt and Tony taught me a lot just about music in general.

ManjoMan
Mar-30-2006, 11:28am
Thank you very much. That is a great song with great chord progressions. We are toying with adding it to our set list if we can get a decent arrangement worked out of our own.