PDA

View Full Version : Cecil Sullivan mandolins

Mental Floss
Mar-03-2006, 8:48pm
I wondered if anyone could give me information and contact information on Cecil Sullivan mandolins.
Do they come around very often and how much do they cost new vs used?
Thanks in advance!

MOLE
Mar-05-2006, 11:14pm
MR. OR MS. FLOSS THEY HAVE A SULLIVAN ON OUR FAV. AUCTION SITE WITH 2 DAYS LEFT THE LAST TIME I LOOKED I THINK IT HAD ONE BID AND IT WAS AROUND $700. BUT YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HEAR OR PLAY IT TILL YOU BOUGHT IT.

Cary Fagan
Mar-06-2006, 1:33pm
I owned a Sullivan once and I think the one just up on ebay was the fellow I sold it to selling it again.

The one I owned was a bit crudely made but I was fond of it. It had character. Not quite a full scroll. Mine also had a somewhat heavy neck, quite playable but still a bit large for my hands. At some point he began building with thinner necks. The sound was decent. If you can get one at a good price and really want a hand-made, they're worth considering. Nowadays with the possibility of an Eastman at a similar price, it's perhaps not as attractive.

Mental Floss
Mar-09-2006, 1:14pm
I wonder when yours was made?
I have talked with Mr.Sullivan and he is a real good egg.I am looking for quality yet a real value. We are helping autistic children learn mandolin for thearputic benefit.Any one who would like to donate to our study by loaning or giving any related mandolins or learning materials would recieve atax write off and a warm feeling in their heart.