PDA

View Full Version : K&K Mando Twin pup

clopez
Apr-02-2004, 10:36am
Anybody use the K&K Mandolin twin pickup? http://kksound.com/mandolintwin.html

It's somewhat unsightly, but I wonder how it compares to the McIntyre external disc. The K&K must be lighter. I need an external mount pickup.

I'd love to try the Schertler - can't afford it.

The K&K in my guitar sounds great. Lots of praise of it on the UMGF boards.

Thanks,
Christian

Apr-02-2004, 11:30am
Christian: I install the K&K big shot internal in a lot of mandos & consider it the equal of the "Feather" pickup. The internal installation is not that hard to do & much neater looking.

I'm fixing to install a K&K Pure Western Mini in a Tacoma DF21 for my son.

Strathspey
Jun-18-2004, 8:21am
Which K & K pick-up would you recommend? Are there any draw-backs to installing internally?

Matt

potatoe
Jun-18-2004, 9:06pm
i just put the k&k on a few weeks ago (externally). no hastle set up and i can take it off and put it on another mando with not much effort. excellent tone, clarity, etc.

my only beef is the lack of volume control. you might want to throw in another 50 bones for a black box or a pedal with volume control.

Klaus Wutscher
Jun-19-2004, 10:00am
Dale & everybody else

This sounds very interesting to me. I play in a country band and I currently use a Fishman fiddle pu which has the volume but the tone sucks. I have a Schertler also but it
doesnt cut through at high volumes. Could this k&k be the solution for my problem? Did you compare it to the fishman?

thanks klaus