PDA

View Full Version : Bill Monroes Museum

Scotti Adams
Apr-02-2004, 10:16am
Hey boys and girls...Im going to be checking out of here come monday for 4 or 5 days....going on a mini vacation..just the Mrs. and I.....we are going to Brown Co. Indiana...home of Nashville Indiana and Bill Monroes Museum/Hall of Fame. Little Nashville is a pretty cool place..sort of a mini Gatlinburg....the little lady will have a great time checkin out all the little shops. If I can talk her into it we will go to Bills place. Now..Ive read conflicting things as to wether its open year around or not..anybody know for sure. Now..While Im gone you people be good to each other, play pretty and hold down the fort...Im not leavin till Monday but I cant wait to get away for awhile.... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif

earthsave
Apr-02-2004, 11:33am
http://www.beanblossom.com/

I'd check out the website... which says it's open from May 1st to November 1st, but you might call 1-(800) 414-4677 and see if they might do a personal showing?? Never hurts to ask.

goldtopper
Apr-02-2004, 12:42pm
Please go to the Nashville House. Have fried chicken with their fried biscuits and apple butter.
I have relatives in that area and dream of that place...
Love Brown County!

Scotti Adams
Apr-02-2004, 8:26pm
...hey..that is my favorite place to eat!!!!!....those fried biscuits are out of this world...mmm..smothered in homemade apple butter...that chicken is the best too...but man...how 'bout that cold slaw....gawd..Im gettin hungry...

Mike Stateler
Apr-02-2004, 11:08pm
I happened to be in Nashville on a Saturday last month and drove up to Bean Blossom and the museum was open. My daughter and I had the whole place to ourselves, much to her chagrin http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Scotti Adams
Apr-03-2004, 12:05am
..hey thanks Michael...I really appreciate it..

goldtopper
Apr-05-2004, 2:20pm
Scotti-
I begged the recipe for those biscuits. If you'd like, I'll pass it on to you.

My grandparents lived in Columbus, so I spent every summer there and was in Nashville about once a week. Just a lovely area. Grandma's apple butter was great too.

thistle3585
Apr-05-2004, 3:42pm
Scotti,
If you want the best breaded tenderloin in the country, as awarded by Gourmet magazine, check out the Marathon Station in Gnaw Bone. They serve a couple hundred tenderloins a day. Don't let it being a gas station fool you, they have seating. They also have BG music on friday nights.

earthsave
Apr-06-2004, 11:45am
FYI, Gnaw Bone is just East of Nashville, headed out towards Columbus, IN on H46. They have BG on Fridays?

Scotti Adams
Apr-09-2004, 7:45pm
..hey guys..had a great time....spent alot of the time in the hot tub....didnt make it to the tenderloin joint....but I did eat my share of those biscuits...which by the way you can find recipe for in the country store adjascent to the restaraunt...the have it on cards about the size of a post card.....bought some of that apple butter too...