PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Buckeye Mandolins..

John M. Riley
Feb-21-2006, 4:41pm
I played one of these about a year ago and thought it was pretty good. I remember that it had alot of low end and a great chop. But I do not recall how the mids and highs sounded. Can anyone comment on these.... Or post pics of theirs or etc. Ive thought about ording one for a while....... but cant decide..

Scotti Adams
Feb-21-2006, 6:29pm
Pete Hart makes a fine mando all across the board. I believe I read in the ads that he has 2 that will be finished in April.

Steve Williams
Feb-22-2006, 11:15am
I've known Pete for a number of years and have played several of his mandolins during that time...they have all been great instruments with good balance. Terry Sheppard with the Sheppard Brothers plays one of Pete's mandolins and does a lot of high tremolo back-up on their numbers, and the A and E strings come through clear as a bell. I myself tend to do a lot of Busby/Duffy tremolo and double/triple stops, every Buckeye that I have played will cut through without having to beat the sound out of it.

Great instrument from a super guy - you'd be happy! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Steve Williams