PDA

View Full Version : Recovered Stolen Mandolin

Christopher Standridge
Feb-21-2006, 1:18am
Six months ago I had a horrible experience and had my mandolin stolen from me at a bar gig. #I filed a police report, called all the local pawn shops, and posted a classifieds ad here on the cafe. #Scott put a link to my ad right on the front page, without my asking him. #I thought I would never see it again.
Last Tuesday I recieved a call from the police, they had my mandolin. #There are huge holes in the story that I got from them, but after a two and half hour trip up the coast and the mandolin in my hands, I didn't care. #I can only thank anyone reading this who may have helped in the return with the deepest gratitude. #

Christopher Standridge
Feb-21-2006, 1:28am
Here it is, note the pick, strap, homemade arm-rest, and taped on song list all as I had left it. Oh yeah, it was really close to being in tune.

Christopher Standridge
Feb-21-2006, 1:33am
If you would like to hear the entire holey story, come on by the Carver table at Wintergrass. This will be my first year as a vendor and this herd needs picked on.
Thanks,
Chris Standridge

atetone
Feb-21-2006, 1:43am
Wow!!! Great news. That is one beauty of a mandolin too.
Isn't it funny that it looks like whoever stole it didn't even bother to try to play it or hide its' identity by removing your stuff or anything?
Sort of looks like a crime of opportunity by someone who didn't even want it.
Strange.

Christopher Standridge
Feb-21-2006, 9:52am
Hey thanks, it sure is more fun telling people that it was recovered than it was telling of it's disappearance!
I think you are right about the crime of oppurtunity, but it must have wound up in the hands of someone who was hesitant to part with it. #The police said they recieved a call from someone asking if someone had reported a stolen mandolin back in October. #The police said yes and that they needed to bring it in immediately. #They did immeditely four months later. #And I did mention it was really close to concert pitch like someone had recently been playing it. #It is strange, but I am happy!

JEStanek
Feb-21-2006, 11:24am
I'm glad you've been reunited. That carver 2 point is almost as pretty as yours.

Jamie

AlanN
Feb-21-2006, 12:19pm
Happy ending, indeed.

And that fistful of 5's looks mighty purty!

Moose
Feb-21-2006, 12:26pm
I share your joy!!!! - Happy pick'n 'n grin'n!! - Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif