PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd IV kit arrived

Darren Kern
Feb-09-2006, 7:37pm
My IV kit in the white sounded so good, and apparently looked good enough, to convince my friend/co-worker to order one for me to build for him. #He called IV on Wednesday, and it arrived yesterday, barely 24 hours after the order was placed. #You can see for yourself, he got a beauty of a back. #This piece of maple is a good bit nicer looking than mine, which I didn't think was possible with this inexpensive of a kit. #By the way, the dark marks are just surface burn marks from when it was cut, they will disappear during graduation. #Not only is the back nice, but the fretboard is very pretty as well, a lot darker than mine. #Here's a few pics. I plan to start a blog documenting the process of this one, like I did my first. It probably won't be as detailed, but hopefully I'll be able to share some different things that I learn with this one compared to the first.

Darren Kern
Feb-09-2006, 7:38pm
Top, back and neck.

Darren Kern
Feb-09-2006, 7:39pm
Back pic

Darren Kern
Feb-09-2006, 7:40pm
Inside of back

Burner
Feb-10-2006, 10:33am
Wow that's a nice back Darren. Top looks nice too. Is that a little figger in the sides I can see?

Darren Kern
Feb-10-2006, 10:39am
Neil, it sure is. I think this one is going to be real nice looking. How is yours sounding? Are you still playing it?

arbarnhart
Feb-10-2006, 10:58am
#By the way, the dark marks are just surface burn marks from when it was cut, they will disappear during graduation.
Burned by all that flame, no doubt http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Wow! That is some nice looking stock.

Burner
Feb-10-2006, 4:39pm
Mine is sounding quite nice and woody. I have some more work to do on setup as I have a buzz at about fret 10.