PDA

View Full Version : Angelfire

Jackie Walters
Feb-06-2006, 10:14pm
Hi Everyone,
I have a girlfriend that is looking at this Sullivan F5 on ebay. Item # 7388114489. Not sure what to make of it..I have a SilverAngel made by Laura..but I'm no good at helping to judge an ebay item. Being a woman myself..I was hoping maybe one of you would check it out and see what you think..Any advice good or bad would be appreciated..I guess what scares me is in the description it says.."Sold as Is With No Returns" I don't like to buy any instrument I can't get my hands on first...And to top it off..he lives in Michigan as my friend does..and she emailed him to ask if she could go to see it, and he said his schedule was too tight..I thought that was odd...Be that as it may..wouldn't you think he'd let her see it before buying?
Thanks...Angelfire

mrmando
Feb-06-2006, 10:20pm
FYI, folks, that's a "C.E. Sullivan" of Missouri, not a John Sullivan of Oregon. Looks like it could be a decent mando for the money.

Jim Broyles
Feb-06-2006, 10:48pm
There are some nice looking and not so nice looking things about this mando. The scroll detail is lacking from what I could see, but the peghead inlay and binding looks pretty good. Unless the photo is bad, the finish doesn't look that great on the top.For the money it doesn't seem too bad, but I get bugged by people who don't edit their eBay listings. The description says No Reserve, but the opening bid says Reserve Not Met. Which is it? The "no returns" part would steer me away. BTW, the item # is 7388114489. One '4' is missing in the first post.