PDA

View Full Version : Alecia Nugent

Bradley
Mar-30-2004, 8:47pm
Hey I saw Alecia Nugents project at the store.It is labeled as BGrass and I was wandering if there are any reviews out there.

Thanks in Advance

Scotti Adams
Mar-30-2004, 9:12pm
I seen her at Darrel Adkins fester in Columbus Ohio last year. She is the real deal..a great voice, great feel for the music and real easy on the eyes. She was backed by some members of the Lonesome River Band along with Randy Kohrs...man he can play a dobro and Jesse Brock on mando...to me, her along with Kenny & Amanda Smith were the best performers there. Carl Jackson also came on stage and sang a few numbers with her...he produced her latest Cd. If Carl believes in her thats all the proof you need. By the time I got to her record table she had sold out of her Cd....shes top shelf in my book....look out Alison...

mandomood
Mar-30-2004, 11:24pm
my Dad played a couple cuts for me over the phone...so while the review might not be from the greatest listen...I could tell the girl can sing...heartfelt singing to...

levin4now
Mar-31-2004, 8:33am
She's not of any relation to Ted is she? A bluegrass version of "Cat Scratch Fever" I can't imagine.

JDARTGOD
Mar-31-2004, 1:42pm
I caught "I'll Stay Around" on the Satellite TV/Radio station. Sounded great....I went out and picked up THE ONLY copy that Barnes and Noble had.

I like it. Pretty snazzy backup group with Aubrie Haynie on Fiddle, Randy Kohrs on Dobro and Ronnie McCoury on Mando. Carl Jackson plays guitar and Banjo. (pretty darn good too).

She has a unique voice. Very strong and very clear. She has great pitch control. Ms. Vincent sings alot of backing vocals on this CD; As a comparison tool, I think she sounds quite a bit like Rhonda Vincent.

A little more soul and fire though. A very believable voice. Great tune selection to with a neat story behind each of the tune's history.

Bradley
Mar-31-2004, 6:52pm
I stopped and picked it up today and I must say it is a winner.

I will agree with the last statement in that she at times sounds a little bit like RV,But has alot of soul about her.You can definetly tell that she loves the songs and more specifically doesnt try to get away from the roots of Bluegrass.

Definetly a good spend on my part

Happy Pickin http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Atlanta Mando Mike
Apr-01-2004, 11:44am
Anyone know who is playing banjo and guitar on this album?

J Clark
Apr-02-2004, 10:35am
I was at the CD release party at the Station Inn, in Nashville. I remember Carl Jackson was playing some rythm guitar. I can't remember who was playing lead. She had Ben Isaccs, Aubrey Haynie, Dave Talbot, Ronnie Mccoury. playing with her. It was quite a show. I wish many blessings on Alycia on her project and everything. I wish I could remember who was playing lead guitar.
JC

Bobbie Dier
Apr-02-2004, 4:39pm
I just heard the song "I'll Just Stay Around" on the satellite BG channel by her . She sounds like a cross between RV and Kelly Willis to me. She sounds really good!!
ima