PDA

View Full Version : BlueGrass Alliance Albums

Bobster
Feb-05-2006, 2:07pm
Looking for a Mp3 of Fox on the Run as performed by the Bluegrass Alliance. Wouldn't mind havinf the hole album. Does anyone have it? thanks

Steve K
Feb-06-2006, 8:38pm
Not sure if you're referring to a studio recording, but here's what I have:

The Bluegrass Alliance
09/??/1971 (Labor Day Weekend)
Camp Springs Bluegrass Festival
Reidsville, NC

Ebo Walker - bass
Courtney Johnson - banjo
Tony Rice - guitar
Sam Bush - mandolin
Lonnie Pierce - fiddle

Disc 1

Set 1

1. Intro
2. Doin' My Time
3. He Was a Friend of Mine
4. Billy in the Lowground
5. Darling Be Home Soon
6. Tom and Jerry
7. One Tin Soldier
8. Whisper My Name

Set 2

9. Intro
10. Proud Mary
11. Fox on the Run
12. Shenandoah Breakdown
13. I'll Never Find Another You
14. The Boxer
15. Rawhide
16. Country Roads
17. Body and Soul
18. One Tin Soldier

Disc 2

Set 3

1. Intro (crowd)
2. Rose of Old Kentucky
3. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
4. Train 45
5. Nobody Knows
6. Orange Blossom Special
7. The Lonesome River

Set 4

8. Intro
9. That Train That Carried My Girl From Town
10. Early Mornin' Rain
11. Dixie Hoedown
12. You'll Find Her Name Written There
13. Stagolee

Bobster
Feb-06-2006, 9:23pm
Thanks for the info Steve. Do you have any mp3 files of this album set? Do you want to sell the albums? I used to have it but cant find it. Lonnie was a friend of mine and I want the album to keep. Thanks, Bobster

Steve K
Feb-06-2006, 10:00pm
Thanks for the info Steve. #Do you have any mp3 files of this album set? #Do you want to sell the albums? #
Bobster, I sent you a PM on this. I have these as .flac files. I'll burn CDs for you. I got these through (I think) a bit torrent site. This is a recording of a live performance. I'm not sure that this was commercially available at any time...so it may not be what you're remembering.

Steve K

f5loar
Feb-08-2006, 2:23am
That line up with Rice/Bush never recorded the Fox. The next line up in 1972 with Garland Shuping on banjo did record it twice. The first time was for a 45 version that was rush released to the radio stations. The 2nd time was for the Tall Grass LP. The Alliance version was different than the Country Gents/Cliff Waldon version. The Tall Grass was a very good overall LP worth finding. No doubt this is what you want. #I did see in those truck stop best of bluegrass CDs that some had the obsure 45 version of Fox on it. All those early Alliance LPs are hard to find. I've got all those LPs but no way to transfer to CD.

Bobster
Feb-08-2006, 11:54pm
Thanks for teasing me f5loar. Would love to get a copy. Even a good cassette copy would be OK. I have the equipment to do a great job, but no albums. Lonnie and I picked a little together. Nice guy. Surely someone has a ripped copy of the Tall Grass album. Come on guys, give her up. Thanks, Bobster

f5loar
Feb-09-2006, 4:32pm
In so much as I picked mandolin/guitar beside Garland Shuping for some 20 years I might could dig up a mint copy of all the BA LPs but price would not be nice. A cassette copy I could do for a few bucks. Send me a PM and we can talk.