PDA

View Full Version : Klima bouzoukis

Alekos
Mar-30-2004, 4:05pm
Hello folks, after I have learned, that Mr. Bauer isn't building irish bouzoukis more, I've suddenly remember to the another great czech luthier - you can see his work here (http://www.klima-instruments.cz/cz/modern.shtml). He is specializing to building bouzoukis and old instruments.. here is a small sample

pickinBob
Mar-30-2004, 11:22pm
Alekos
Could you do some translation to english on some of the details such as price, tuning, equipment?

Thanks

Bob

Alekos
Apr-01-2004, 11:37am
No problem - tunning is default GDAD; but the instrument can be made for other(GDAE, CFAD, etc..); front side(spruce), back side(european wallnut), neck(maple), fretboard(ebony), diapason 650mm - 22 frets/740mm - 24frets. Equiped with bridge piezo pickup with built-in equalizer. Basic price is 650USD..

pickinBob
Apr-02-2004, 10:27pm
Alekos

Thanks for teh help. Do you know this gemtleman or his instruments? Have yo ever palyed one? Can you comment on teh construction and sound qualities.?

Thanks

bob

pklima
Apr-03-2004, 10:38am
By the way, we're not related... that is to say, I am related to Jan Klima, but that's a different Jan Klima who doesn't make bouzoukis.

Alekos
Apr-04-2004, 2:28am
Bob, the quality of his instruments is very good; he works with great materials, that moves his instruments to the highest class. I have played only his 8str. irish bouzouki(tuned GDAD) and I have found the sound very warm and deep; it is hard to desribe it.. anyway he makes instruments for good reputated musicians and groups, that's why his instruments are still more popular.