PDA

View Full Version : WhiteFace Price ?

ffpizza5
Feb-01-2006, 1:32pm
have this mandolin which appears to have all original hardware( end pin, tail piece, bridge, pickguard, pickguard clamp, tunering keys and nut) It is a total re-finish with no structural issues. The head stock has the typical A-3 vine and The Gibson inlay. No cracks. No sinkage. Good frets. Straight neck. Good tone and playability. I'm not sure what is a fair price. Any help would be appreciated.

Lots More Photos at:

http://vintagemandolin.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Conrad

Tom C
Feb-01-2006, 1:40pm
As stated in other thread ....Great Googly Moogly

JEStanek
Feb-01-2006, 3:19pm
Wow. Handsome. I normally don't like whitefaces but the way the color has mellowed over the years looks really cool. Esp. with the back and side colors too. MMMMmmmm.

Sorry, I don't know its worth. Should it have had handel tuners?

Jamie

johnsmusic
Feb-01-2006, 3:46pm
I didn't need to see that.....I want it.

ffpizza5
Feb-01-2006, 6:18pm
I've never seen handel tuners on anything but f-4 and a-4 mandos. I thiught they were reserved fpr that

stevem
Feb-01-2006, 6:35pm
Another post with no specific price help. Generally, complete refins take a 30% cut off fair market value. But that mando looks so tasty, I'm not convinced it would do that much harm. The other collection you have is something special too. WOW!

MML
Feb-01-2006, 8:16pm
Conrad,
Is it an original white face? or was it changed at some point? The style "3" vine/squiggle looks really cool on a F style headstock by the way.As far as value, put it out on e-bay and let the buyers decide..if you dare http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

stevem
Feb-01-2006, 8:55pm
You could also list it for a high price in the classifieds here and let people know you'd entertain lower offers. You might avoid some of the ebay rif raff and fees that way. Then again, ebay always brings the chance of ridiculous profits if a bidding war breaks out. You never know what might happen with an unusual, cool instrument...

Jim M.
Feb-01-2006, 8:57pm
I've never seen handel tuners on anything but f-4 and a-4 mandos. #I thiught they were reserved fpr that
No, Handels came on F2's also.

ffpizza5
Feb-02-2006, 8:36am
THANKS TO ALL FOR THE COMMENTS. IT IS A COOL LOOKING AND NICE SOUNDING MANDOLIN AND I PROBABLY SHOULD KEEP IT. I HAVE AN F-4 THAT I LOVE AND I'M SURE IT WILL BE MY GO TO MANDOLIN FOR A LONG TIME. SO I'M GOING TO SELL THE WHITE ONE. THE FINISH AS I SAID IS NOT ORIGINAL. THERE IS SOME ARM WEAR ABOVE THE TAIL PIECE ON THE BASS SIDE.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS.

CHEERS

ffpizza5
Feb-03-2006, 2:59pm
I listed this in the classifieds for $2500. We'll see what happens.

Cheers

JEStanek
Feb-03-2006, 4:14pm
You are killing me! It stinks having no disposable cash!!! I feel that's a bargain price. Good Luck.

Sadly,
Jamie

PaulD
Feb-03-2006, 4:20pm
I agree that your price seems very reasonable. I love the finish... but I'm sure it detracts from the selling price. If I could afford it I would gladly take it off your hands.

pd

johnsmusic
Feb-03-2006, 6:42pm
Just snagged it! John http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif