PDA

View Full Version : Holoubek....

Jan-24-2004, 4:55pm
These mandolins look great and i've heard good things about them from someone i respect. Are there any Holoubek owners here in our mando community?

2partinvention
Jan-31-2004, 9:43pm
Yes, I have a Holoubek coming , Ondra is making a custom order for me. I have played three of them now, and they keep getting better. I have one of his mandos on loan until my custom F5 is finished. They are beautiful instruments with excellent details and they sound even better. They have great playability all the way up the neck and comes with a standard radiused fingerboard. It has a great tone for any type of music. We brought one of his newest mandos to a Chris Thile /Mike Marshall show and Mike said that he saw a few at Rockygrass this past year and they were the best ones there. I have met Ondra and he is willing to do whatever you would like on your mandolin. I highly recommend getting one or at least checking them out more for sure. If you have any more questions check with August at www.galleryofstrings.com or post me back.

Hope this was of some help.... BrĄce

Feb-01-2004, 1:06am
Thanks Bryce...they sure look nice. I've recently had the pleasure of emailing August and what a great resource he is...great guy to boot. Enjoy your new Holoubek.

Mando Medic
Feb-01-2004, 9:31pm
I have a new Fern Holoubeck # 132 in the shop and have to say this is the 3rd. one I have had and they are very consistent. You probably would not like it when new as it's stiffer than a dead carp, but I get the pleasure of playing them in so they sound great. Takes about 5 weeks.