PDA

View Full Version : Fender Amp Can ?

Gitpik
Jan-27-2006, 1:18am
I'm considering buying one of these just for canoe/camping trips. Does anyone one here have one or anyone know what they are like ? I tried one once and it seemed to hum & whistle a bit but it had been very well used. Thanks.

pettyman
Jan-27-2006, 10:47am
I had one, wasn't happy with it at all, and that was with my guitar, don't have a clue how it would be with the mando! Sold it on very easily though, so might be worth a try!

Matt

woodwiz
Jan-27-2006, 10:53am
Take a look at the Roland MicroCube. Costs less, performs better, based on the feedback I have read. Battery or AC.

glauber
Jan-27-2006, 10:58am
Unless you're amplifying a solidbody instrument, these may not add a lot of volume. What i'd do if i could, would be to go to one of those big stores, like Guitar Center or Sam Ashe, take the mando, and test-play as many as you can of these little amps. See what you think. I've heard good things about the Roland too, but also heard that it's not very powerful.

steve in tampa
Jan-27-2006, 12:22pm
I have a Pignose Hog 20. It was around 100. Nice for low volume amplification of lap steel, and acoustic guitar bodied bass. Rechargable batteries are nice. Also has an off switch for the overdrive.