PDA

View Full Version : Nickel Creek last night in Philly

chirorehab
Mar-29-2004, 5:25pm
Chris Thile is incredible!

The show was great!

Maybe Nickel Creek is a jamband!?! They segued nicely from one song into another and back into the original song a couple of times. They went into Nirvana, Beck & Coldplay!

The highlight was the second encore! #They unplugged and played almost an entire set worth of acoustic music! #Sara & Chris's voices were amazing. (& I usually don't care for vocals!)

Mark Schatz tapping was a classic moment!

I do believe that I would see Chris Thile play anytime I had the chance - regardless of who he was playing with!

Anybody else there last night?

Eric

NickelCreeker
Mar-29-2004, 6:17pm
No Iv neverr been to a show, but I love to hear reveiws from other peoples shows..lol. What Coldplay Song did they Play? (Im a huge Coldplay fan) Was it 'Yellow' again? LOL, Id like to hear em play 'Trouble'

chirorehab
Mar-29-2004, 8:02pm
Yep - it was Yellow.

Eric

fangsdaddy
Mar-30-2004, 8:24am
which nirvana song did they do?

KevinM
Mar-30-2004, 10:33am
"Lithium" (ok, not here - that's a guess)

dudlebug23
Mar-30-2004, 12:42pm
I saw them play in Grantham, PA. It was my fifth time I think seeing them, and they keep getting better. They played an encore of the fox, but started out with "Where it's At" before they began. (I got two turntables and a microphone!!) I know some traditionalists don't think Nickel Creek is their cup of tea, or so people have told me so I'm not speaking for everyone, but they are very talented and mesh so well together. I'm 30, and it was so cool to see a thousand 18-22 year olds screaming at the top of their lungs for this acoustic style music. It's also funny to hear them begging to hear "The Fox", an old song with child-like lyrics. Sorry to ramble... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

chirorehab
Mar-30-2004, 12:44pm
Yep. Lithium.

I thought it was funny that people were yelling for Light House!

I guess there not much of a jamband if the play the same thing all the time!

Eric