PDA

View Full Version : Nugget F5 Deluxe

Pez D. Spencer
Jan-16-2006, 10:03pm
Tried a bunch of times to attach a picture, lots of failure. This is Nugget F5 Deluxe #160 from 1993. No, I don't think the pic. attached.?. When I preview the post there is only the text. I've resized the picture? Oh well, I'll post and see what happens.

Pez D. Spencer
Jan-16-2006, 10:07pm
It Worked! I'll try another. The picture does not very well capture how beautiful this mando is.

Pez D. Spencer
Jan-16-2006, 10:12pm
Another shot. The wokmanship on this instrument is 100% perfect. Just breath taking to see and touch.

Pez D. Spencer
Jan-16-2006, 10:21pm
My last pic of this Nugget. I'm a lousy player, but I get a thrill every time I open the case. The feel and tone have to be experianced, Thank you Mike Kemnitzer.

fredfrank
Jan-16-2006, 10:51pm
I'm a lousy player, but I get a thrill every time I open the case. The feel and tone have to be experienced, Thank you Mike Kemnitzer.
If you'd like some time to practice up before you play it, send it my way and let me know when you need it back!

Beautiful mandolin!

By the way, I like your user name, Mr. Spencer. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

berkeleymando
Jan-16-2006, 11:04pm
Looks nice to me. Enjoy!

mandophil(e)
Jan-16-2006, 11:28pm
Great looking instrument! You should add it to the Nugget section of the Mandolin Archive.

banjo1
Jan-18-2006, 9:00pm
Dont take this wrong Pez, this mandolin looks soo perfect, that it looks fake or not real in some way.
A real beauty.
Mike is a real artist and I guess thats why Nuggett gets the BIG bucks.
You should be proud.

mandolooter
Jan-18-2006, 9:48pm
very sweet! whats in the bottom sound hole, a signature or am i seeing a optical delusion?

Pez D. Spencer
Jan-18-2006, 10:32pm
Mandolooter, thats Mr. Kemnitzer's signsture that you see in the lower sound hole. When I ordered this instrument, M.K. asked me a lot of questions about what kind of sound, woods, etc that I wanted. I'm not a luthier, I said I liked the sound of Grismon's mando on Dawg 90, but make it the way you want it to be. I did ask for a different finish than the usual sunburst. Not in my wildest expectations was I expecting something this beautiful. My pics do not catch the glow of the finish. The joinery ( or is it jointery), the feel and balance, I can't imagine it could be improved on, pure art. Sounds like it should be a lot larger than it is. I'm partial to the low woody tones of F5's, this gives me goose bumps. Sustain! Excuse me for gushing on, ernie Seattle

mandolooter
Jan-19-2006, 10:46am
are you going to wintergrass by any chance? I'd love to see it "live" I'll be there all 4 days.