PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas, NV jams?

bud
Jan-04-2006, 11:25am
I'll be traveling to Las Vegas on business on January 27 thru Feb 1st. This Christmas blew all my disposable income, so no gambling for me this trip. Anyone out there know of any jams in Las Vegas, or want to pull one together. I'd love to pick while I'm out there.

Bud Martin
Hamptonville, NC

gnelson651
Jan-04-2006, 12:24pm
There are few jams here in the greater Vegas area.

We have an Old-time fiddle jam on alternate Saturdays and Wednesdays, they are held in Henderson area. You can review the schedule of these jams and some others at Nevada Old Time Fiddle January Newsletter (http://communitylink.reviewjournal.com/lvrj/026/FSLO-1135880565-950026.pdf). The schedule is on page 6.

Also there is Southern Nevada Bluegrass Society jams on Tuesday nights in Henderson. I haven't gone to one of these for a year now but you can call their hotline at (702) 564-3320 to see if they are still having their weekly jams.

Not sure where you will be staying but Henderson is about 1/2 hour from the strip.

You can email me gnelson651@aol.com for any further information. Let me know if and when you will be attending one of these jams. I'll see if I can meet you, schedule permitting.