PDA

View Full Version : Chords for Ode to a Butterfly

jiffyfeet
Mar-26-2004, 5:05pm
I was hoping somebody would have the chords to Nickel Creek's Ode to a Butterfly. I learned it from Thile's DVD, and there's a part where he plays the chords while you're supposed to play along.

I tried watching what he's doing but I can't get a lot of it. I want to teach the chords to this guitarist I play with. Thanks in advance if anybody can help!

Walter Newton
Apr-12-2004, 1:31pm
I'm also dissapointed the chords weren't included in the Homespun booklet, anyone out there have 'em?

dixiecreek
Apr-12-2004, 1:36pm
They have them in the Nickel Creek songbook! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Tom C
Apr-12-2004, 2:07pm
I'm at work now, but I believe the first part starts in E then goes to a B on the tadah-tadah...
I believe I have them written down in the booklet. I will check tonight.

Tom C
Apr-18-2004, 8:24pm
The 9 measures is correct. I hate that the booklet puts 3 measures on a line(and even 4 on one of the pages), but I will write it here as it is in the booklet so it's easier to mark. Let me know how it works out as I have not gone thru it for a while.

E
| | | |
B
| | | |
E
| | | |

B part: (Last line on first page without pickup)

E
| | | |
(Page 2)
B
| | | |

E
| | | |

| | | |

B F# B
| | | |

F# B G#
| | | |

(page 3 -4 measures on this line)
C#m G# C#m F# F#m B
| | | | |

E
| | | |

B
| | | |

E
| | | |

bridge:
D A
| | |

E G
| | |

D E A
| |

jiffyfeet
Apr-21-2004, 5:50pm
Thanks Tom. #I can't say I understand the formatting of that at all, but I will take a look at it once I get home with an instrument in my hand and see if I can't make something of it. #Failing that I guess I'll have to buy that book.

Edit: Oh, just after I posted I realized what you are saying, that your post corresponds to the Homespun booklet. Looks good, thanks again.

Ron Cain
Apr-22-2004, 10:40am
I have the notation and tab for this. If you would like it let me know.

jiffyfeet
Apr-22-2004, 11:36am
Jon Ron, does it have the chords? As I mentioned, I also have the tab and notation, just not the chords.

Ron Cain
Apr-22-2004, 4:03pm
Sorry Jiffyfeet but it doesn't.