PDA

View Full Version : HAZMAT

vkioulaphides
Mar-26-2004, 1:50pm
Yesterday I heard a live performance by a wonderful folk group named HAZMAT (tongue-in-cheek, by their own admission, alluding to the curious, "hazardous" attraction that non-tempered, microtonal folk instruments exert on audiences).

HAZMAT
Adam Good, cümbüs/tanbur
Phaedon Sinis, kanun/Lyra of Constantinople
Timothy Quigley, dumbek/daire/bendir
Performing works by Greek and Turkish composers of Ottoman Constantinople.

Highly recommended.

[By way of disclaimer: While I am the manager of the series this group appeared on, I am NOT the manager of the group, nor do I have any commercial interest in their success. They are, however, fabulous!]

Alekos
Mar-27-2004, 2:55pm
That looks very interesting Victor, tell us more please - is there any web site we could visit?

vkioulaphides
Mar-29-2004, 8:42am
Hmm... I don't have a website address to give you but, according to the band's printed materials, HAZMAT can be contacted via their tanbur-player, namely:
adamgood@adamgood.com
He is American but spends much of his time in the Netherlands these days; thanks to the internet, however, reaching him should be no problem. If you wish, you may use my name as reference; he would remember me in context of Trinity Concerts, the arts presenter/producer I work for (when I'm not playing bass, that is) and on which series HAZMAT recently performed.