PDA

View Full Version : Pic of a Pic of my Yellowstone

Mando4Life
Jan-23-2004, 4:07pm
This was an X-mas gift my bro managed to pull off without me finding out. #Still can't believe he got a hold of my mando with out me knowing. #Pretty cool.....I think at least.

mandoryan
Jan-23-2004, 5:12pm
What's it say on there? I can almost make it out. Very cool pic. He did a good job.

mandolooter
Jan-23-2004, 5:47pm
thats very nice...my brothers comments on my mando were, "If it cost that much, shouldn't it be bigger?" http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Mando4Life
Jan-23-2004, 6:00pm
It says 'Welcome to the Weber Family' and is signed by Bruce himself. #My brother overnighted the photo and Bruce signed it and sent it back overnight about 5 days before X-mas.

It looks even better in real life.

Bruce and the folks at STE are a great group of people. #It's the only mando I'll ever be able to afford and I'm OK with that...150%

WBL

John Bertotti
Jan-23-2004, 6:02pm
Great pic funny though on my computer it almost looks like I could reach in and grab it. Nice effect. John

Ken Berner
Jan-24-2004, 12:38pm
Wayne, Welcome to the ever-growing throng of Weber owners! Weber mandolins are not for everybody, so count yourself as blessed to own an instrument of quality in every regard. Those wonderful craftsfolks in Belgrade are truly dedicated to providing white-collar instruments at blue-collar prices. Greed is not built into their mandolins! I own a '99 Beartooth we call the "Grandbaby"; that's how much we love it. Enjoy!

AeroJoe
Feb-10-2004, 11:50pm
Ditto on your Christmas present...

I have always considered Weber (Yellowstone) mandolins as $4500-$5000 mandolins in disguise...

Mando4Life
Feb-11-2004, 8:29am
I own a '99 Beartooth we call the "Grandbaby"; that's how much we love it.

Ken,

Thanks!! I told my g/f when we met that I had a "kid" and she wasn't sure what to think. #She thought it was funny after the fact (esp when I told her the price). #Now we have 3 kids (her 2 cats and my F-5).

WBL