PDA

View Full Version : North Louisiana shoutout

Mandolinespieler
Mar-26-2004, 10:00am
I am relatively new at the mandolin but unfortunately I know no other Bluegrass pickers or even anyone who plays the mando. Are there any mandoliners around North Louisiana could help give me pointers and perhaps locations of jams? I will greatly appreciate any help here as I feel my ability to get better is hindered by me not being able to have a teacher? Thanks.

GBG
Mar-26-2004, 11:23am
I'm assuming you live in Shreveport. I don't have much contact with BG activities in North LA, anything north of Alexandria. There is a good festival in Deville, just east of Alexandria, in May. Dale Cater may be able to steer you to some activities in East Texas.

Mandolinespieler
Mar-26-2004, 1:16pm
Yes I am in Shreveport. My in-laws live right near Alexandria. I've also heard about a Bluegrass club around Arcadia. Anyone know of this?

Mark Normand
Mar-30-2004, 4:49pm
Mandolinespieler:

A suggestion is to subscribe to something called the PicknBow monthly newsletter for the Southeast Texas Bluegrass Music Assn, it has almost every festival and jam session between Texas and Miss, some Ark and Okla also. #You'll have so many choices every weekend you won't know which ones to attend! #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Their email contact is:
picknbow@aol.com

Mark in Lafayette

pdlstl
Apr-13-2004, 9:21am
I'm the webmaster for the Southwest Bluegrass Club located in Grapevine TX (a suburb of Dallas).

Our site has lots of information on festivals and jams in the DFW and N. Texas area.

Check us out at: www.southwestbluegrassclub.com

Great festival on the 25-27 of April in Glen Rose TX.

Earl