PDA

View Full Version : Northrn Illinois/Chicago and suburbs

smallshinything
Dec-24-2005, 12:49am
I'm in Aurora, Illinois and curious if there's anybody in spitting distance looking to play.

glauber
Dec-24-2005, 1:02am
How far can you spit? What kind of music do you play? I'm in Carol Stream, not too far from you, but i'm just a beginner player.

smallshinything
Dec-24-2005, 1:33am
I'm all over the place with music. Ijust like it when it's done well. We get together in Plainfield on Mondays and everyones welcome. Is my Email available on my profile? I don't know mch about this I'm pretty new here.

glauber
Dec-26-2005, 11:02am
Hello, Kevin,

Mondays are bad for me, but i'll keep you in mind. Email is not available directly, but if you click on the envelope icon, then you have a chance to send that person an email message. If the envelope icon is not available, this means the person has chosen not to make email available, but you should still be able to click on the "postcard" icon and send a personal message (which ends up in email anyway, so it's not much different).

fonefly
Dec-31-2005, 3:53pm
Where in Plainfield? I'm in Newark and there is also the monthly jam in Harding which is north of Ottawa.

MarvinFowler
Jan-03-2006, 12:53pm
Hi - I've been around here for some time but haven't been reading the posts. I work close to aurora and would love to know more about your monday's in Plainfield. I live SW of there and am looking to find someone to help me get to that next level in my playing. If you could let me know the times, location, skill level, etc., I would be very interested in potentially hooking up.

Thanks!

smallshinything
Jan-03-2006, 8:48pm
Skill level is not important and it's a pretty informal jam, y'all. Send me a messagfe for directions. we've been doing some recording so we're not dilligent.mmAlso, Marvin if you just need some help/ tips and stuff, I majored in music (vocal performance) and played pro and semi pro for almost ten years. I've got a little to offer, I'm a ###### teacher, so I can't charge, but I give out adbice unsolicited and free. It's great to hear of some folks close by.

smallshinything
Jan-03-2006, 8:50pm
oops. Potty mouth strikes again.

smallshinything
Jan-03-2006, 8:56pm
you know, I'm thinking if nothing else we should get together and eat some food and do this mandolin talking thing in person. Seems like there's a few people in the area and all that. I seem to spend way too much time online these days cause I don't know a whole lot of folks with the same interests as me. Any one trying to build? I'm thinking about it really hard. Advice would be cool. Also, It seems stupid to wait for the Northern Illinois bluegrass fest to get to talking and jamming. Not to mention Bluegrass is only one interest...I think it was Gil Evans who was asked what kind of music he wrote and he answered folk. The reason behind it was to the effect that folk music is defined as music of the people and therefor all music is folk music. I like that. Write me gents - and tell some fiddle players to show up, too.

MarvinFowler
Jan-04-2006, 7:48am
smallshinything - wow, sounds great - I have been searching for a teacher and am quite willing to pay for lessons, especially "informal" where there's no assignments, if you will. If you care to email me here privately, or even publicly, we can talk and see what we could set up. Thanks and looking forward to meeting!

glauber
Jan-04-2006, 10:28am
I'm interested too.