PDA

View Full Version : tonight in Philadelphia

sam b
Dec-20-2005, 11:35am
Tonight is the night for the monthly bluegrass jam held at the Mermaid Inn in Chestnut Hill. I was told that the owner is thinking of ending this jam because there's a very low attendence. If you're in the area, maybe you can try to make an effort and come tonight so that this great tradition does not die out.
Thanks,
Sam

otterly2k
Dec-20-2005, 11:56am
Sam-- is this a bluegrass jam, in particular? Or is it Old Time... I've seen a lot of folks at OT and Celtic jams there... I don't tend to go to BG jams because I don't really play BG...

also what time is the jam?

sam b
Dec-20-2005, 12:06pm
Sorry, It's a bluegrass jam. On their website, it says around 8:30, but I've noticed things usually don't get going until around 9.
Thanks for picking up those omissions.
Sam

otterly2k
Dec-20-2005, 12:14pm
I guess it's just not a very bluegrassy neighborhood... like I said, there's lots of folks who go to OT and Celtic. But I hope that you and some other BG players are able to keep this going... it's good to have resources for everyone.

jaydee
Dec-20-2005, 3:10pm
Hey Sam, I'm coming tonight, so are Matt and Ray. I'll spread the word and maybe we can get the whole crowd out tonight.
Jeremy

otterly2k
Dec-20-2005, 3:50pm
you GO, grassers!
(I'll be playing swedish, balkan, irish, and quebecois fiddle tunes with my mandopal nearby, but won't crash the grass party... I wouldn't know what to do!)
enjoy the Mermaid!

RichieK
Dec-20-2005, 5:09pm
Hi Sam,
I'm also going tonight and so is Peter Lorch...looking forward to it!
Richie

RichieK
Dec-23-2005, 9:35pm
It was nice to meet some the other mandolin cafe members at the jam. (Lemonhill John and Jeremy). Hopefully Joanne will continue having it at the mermaid.
Richie

RichieK
Jan-16-2006, 8:33pm
Tomorrow night is the monthly jam at the Mermaid. We had a nice crowd there last month. Is anyone going?

Also, our new bluegrass band, Blue Roots, will be playing there as well on Friday. I'll probably have a Monteleone F-5 and a CE Ward A-5 with me, if anyone wants to try them.
Richie