PDA

View Full Version : info on ariana mandolin

moonfox
Dec-14-2005, 7:13pm
hello
I am new to the mandolin world, and I was wondering if anybody has heard of the ariana mandolins, and if they're a good quality or not, and if not does anybody know of good starter mandolins that are betweeen a price range of $50-250 I know by looking at gibsons that this isnt much, but Im a student and don't have much to spend http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
thanks

olgraypat
Dec-15-2005, 3:09pm
For what it's worth, I posted a similar question about 6 weeks ago regarding an Ariana banjo. I had run across one in a music store, and had the opportunity to trade an old electric bass for it. My understnding is that these instruments are made by Aria, and are maybe a lower quality product from that company--which is probably not a bad company for what they make. By the way, I traded for the banjo, and it's just marginally okay--but that's okay because I'm only a marginally okay banjo player, and I will only use it every now and again when a group I'm playing with needs a little banjo roll in the background. My old $50 banjo just bit the dust and is now a wall hanger. But, all that said, I would see if you can price one on Amazon (crazy? I know, but I think they handle them). I would rate my impression of them above Johnson and Rogue, but below say, Kentucky, Washburn, Epiphone, Ibanez and probably some others. I think in that price range you can probably get a better instrument for the same dollars. I will tell you like I have told others that I know where there is a sweet Ibanez A style for $200, and it would make somebody a great starter. don't know if case/bag is included, but message me privately if you're interested. No financial interest.