PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving from Nurnurg

Rick Schmidlin
Nov-24-2005, 7:06am
Happy Thanksgiving from Nurnburg.I am prepairing a dinner for 12 friends here.I wish I could have played my mandolin so they could have had sounds that we all project so well today.But it sits at home in PA.

wilded
Nov-24-2005, 8:39am
Back at you. May each of your families be blessed and your travels be safe. I am up early doing a 20 pound turkey and a roaster full of dressing. ET http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Chrissy
Nov-24-2005, 9:13am
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at mandolin cafe! I'm invited out for dinner, thats all fine and good but the bad part of that is...no leftovers! Lets all meet back on here later and talk about what kind of pie we had!!

MML
Nov-24-2005, 9:40am
Every Thanksgiving morning when I get up I grab a mando and play "Turkey in the straw" to get going! Then its off to the kitchen to put the "Turkey in the oven"
.......Happy Thanksgiving everyone........... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Flyer
Nov-24-2005, 10:02am
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to All at The Cafe #

I too am not in my happy home on this holiday, and will miss the day with family and friends.....

I do get to cook for my Co-Pilot as the wife packed me up the fixuns for the dinner and all I need is some stuff from the store! #So, we will have the day for ourselves, even if its a day late as we worked today and will be asleep when you celebrate the day..

Does not seem like the Season from here, and hard to believe it that time of year. Am in Singapore, but they do love the Christmas Season with all of the decorations, they have had them up since we landed here three weeks ago!

Have a Good Day Everyone, and Enjoy what you Have # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif # # # # #

Mike

mandopete
Nov-24-2005, 11:51am
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Happy Thanksgiving To All!</span></span>

mmmmmm!

jessboo
Nov-24-2005, 11:55am
yea gooble gooble

Dano Reible
Nov-24-2005, 12:09pm
On this day when family gathers and everyone eats more that one should we all will at some point today think of what we have to be thankful for. When that time comes, I would like to wish all of you the joyest of thoughts and hope love fills your heart and soul.

God bless you all
Happy Thanksgiving

Daniel Nestlerode
Nov-24-2005, 12:19pm
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving from California, an unincorporated part of the Spanish Empire when the religious refugees from England settled and gave thanks in what is now Massachusetts and a fairly recent addition to the nation when President Lincoln declared it a national holiday.

I'd like to give mandolin thanks:
I'm grateful I heard David Grisman and Jerry Garcia's first collaboration. It made me go buy my first mandolin.
I'm grateful that I discovered first Co-mando and then the Mandolin Cafe because they allowed me to stay interested in the mandolin when I was frustrated both with my playing and with the poor quality of the mandolin I was attempting to play
I'm grateful for the friends I've made with my mandolin and guitar here in the central valley of California
I'm grateful that I contnue to improve as a musician with the help of events like the Mandolin Symposium
And I'm grateful I could afford to go the Symposium last year.

Daniel

fmspinc
Nov-24-2005, 2:11pm
I second (and third the above). And thanks to the Cafe' in particular.

kyblue
Nov-24-2005, 2:53pm
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Mando thanks to

--Fletcher Brock and Paul Duff for making the wonderful instruments I am privileged to play
-- to Sam Gifford for working with me to create a couple of cases to keep those awesome mandos protected in style
-- to my new teacher Daniel Carwile for helping to renew my drive to learn
-- to Scott Tichenor for creating a place where I can talk about mandos, learn more about what else I need to feed the MAS, and sell what I don't need any more
-- to all the artists that keep the music live and alive

Paula

JEStanek
Nov-25-2005, 12:33am
I'm so stuffed... #I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family and friends, or at least your virtual friends on the cafe. #Chrissy, my wife makes the b e s t pumpkin pie in the whole wide world and there is still about 1/2 left. MMMmmm. #I wish I could send you all a slice with her amaretto whip chream and a nice cup of coffee. I couldn't even eat a wafer thin mint.

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all! #

My thanks are for my family, friends, my church, my mando teacher Phil, this community, and the music, books, and performances that inspire my playing, creativity, and joy in life.

Jamie

Monte37
Nov-25-2005, 1:13am
Hey Happy T day mandoliners. This has been fun "seeing" you all being new to this. A wild and crazy bunch!
If you are in Austin. [blatent plug]
Come and see the Austin Mandolin Orchestra play this xmas
on the 18th at the Wildflower Center...see amandolinorchestra.com
ALL THE BEST

Rick Schmidlin
Nov-25-2005, 3:53am
I cooked dinner for twenty friends from the arts in Nurnburg and the best fresh turkey I ever cooked. Wine,beer,children and snow falling in the evening in this human rights city.May be one of best ever, but atlas I could not entertain on my mandolin,

Greenmando
Nov-25-2005, 4:10am
I'll drink a dram of 18 year old Glenfiddish for you as I stroke some strings.
Happy Thankgiving!

Chrissy
Nov-25-2005, 10:32am
sounds like everyone had a nice time, a wonderful day spents with family, friends and pie!! jamie..you have no idea how good that sounds!! where i was yesterday, they served apple pie. it was good but on the way home i was thinking...i really missed pumpkin pie today. I did get to entertain yesterday on my mando...to bad everyone else was thinking..i wish she would have left that thing at home. hehe. i know that "polite clap" when i hear it. glad to hear you all had a nice day.