PDA

View Full Version : Electric Mandolin on a budget

Dioptase
Nov-24-2005, 2:17am
Hi guys!
I was contacted by a mandolin player who is having trouble logging into the Mandolin Cafe. He's interested in an electric mandolin, budget of 250$. He's particularly interested in the following models:

mandobird both of them, rogue rm-80e, epiphone mm-30E, Fender FM-52E,Kentucky KM-300E, Ibanez m510E and Dean Tennesee AE

Does anyone have any experience with these instruments they could lend? Thank so much!

derekbyron
Nov-25-2005, 8:48am
no experience with any of those, but based on the the brands and what i have read, i'd have to say the fender or ibanez. ibanez may be the best way to go.

olgraypat
Nov-25-2005, 1:31pm
As of about a month ago, you could buy about two Mandobird IV's from Musicians's Friend for his budget. Mine seems to be well-made and playable. Wouldn't buy a Rogue anything. don't know anything about the others.

mrmando
Nov-28-2005, 6:33pm
Either the Mandobird or the Kentucky. Don't bother with the rest.

sbarnes
Nov-29-2005, 1:35am
i have the fender you asked about....seems ok w/me...i've played it alot and learned a lot in 3 years.....almost time to move up.....
maybe i got lucky but mine is pretty good

Jonathan James
Nov-29-2005, 5:22am
I got one of the those Mandobirds from MF in seafoam green. Great little instrument, well set up and hard to beat at the time for $129 shipped, with gig bag.