PDA

View Full Version : Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly

lucky23
Nov-18-2005, 8:33pm
Is there any place where I could track down Tabs for these bands mandolin parts? #I googled but was not very successful. #Any help would be great! # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

pick up the world
Nov-19-2005, 11:34am
Finally someone who knows this good band!!! I saw both! Great show! Dropkick Murphys before a year and flogging Molly yesterday!!!
Might you find them at www.folkpunktabs.com
(You should buy the dvd drom DKM it's so great(about4hours)) :cool:

ira
Nov-19-2005, 4:07pm
great stuff! there are other bands of this sort. actually one of my students turned me on to flogging molly, and its impossible not to hear the d-murphys living in the greater boston area.

i have to dig out my cds, there is a member on the cafe who has aband doing instrumental tunes out of "texas maybe??? they do some great celtic type rock stuff with killer emando! aaaah just hit me- the churn. there are mp3s to listen to on their site ..hold on, searching in another window--aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh- http://the-churn.com/index.html

mttandem
Nov-21-2005, 8:28pm
http://www.folkpunktabs.com
have fun

lucky23
Nov-22-2005, 10:03pm
Thanks! I was hoping that I was not alone in liking them. They are both really good and DKM are coming to the area in December, I am thinking of going. It is going to be at a small venue so I am hesitant to bring my 10 year old (who loves them)....what do those of you who have seen them live think???

Bret Roberts
Nov-23-2005, 11:13am
Lucky23,
I have been to a few DKMshows and to tell the truth some do get a bit, well lets just say , hard down in the pit area. When they play a few songs it seems like the whole place is a mosh pit. I would ask the owners of the venue if they would let your boy and yourself watch from backstage. Get your boy the dvd, he can see for him self what a show is like.
If you do bring him, make sure you have steel toe boots on and have a great time.
Hope this helps

pick up the world
Nov-24-2005, 1:31pm
might you should stay with your kid a bit in the back cause the mosh pit can be hard! I just agree B-MAN

lucky23
Nov-26-2005, 8:22pm
thanks for the tips, Ill have to think about it....I did get a chuckle out of your post B-man, my ten year old is a girl!!!!!! She sings right along with them.....thanks again for the heads up.:)

pick up the world
Nov-27-2005, 4:29am
Lucky 23 you should go! Its gonna be a new experience for you and your daughter!! You'll never forget this show http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Bret Roberts
Nov-28-2005, 7:08am
Lucky23,
Well I guess the laugh is really on me. Iv got 16 year old twin girls and a 10 year old
girl also. The older girls "let" me go to a few concerts with them ( DKM was one of the reasons I started on the mandolin ) My little one got into trouble not to long ago in religion class, the teacher walked by as she was doing her work in class softly singing
" so kiss me, I'm shitfaced ..........."

lucky23
Nov-29-2005, 8:12pm
B-Man, great story, Im glad Im not alone.....always cracks me up to hear my daughter singing along to them.....

joshro78
Dec-05-2005, 6:18pm
How about the Pogues? I'm asking for a Flogging Molly t-shirt for Christmas!

newbreedbrian
Dec-05-2005, 11:48pm
flogging molly put on an amazing show. as for the pogues, i finally get to see 'em in march. shane better show up...

pick up the world
Dec-06-2005, 1:04pm
At flogging Molly I saw one of the best show I ever seen. It's always a bit said that you don't hear the mandolin that much!

Kayakboy
Dec-21-2005, 10:49am
Anybody seen them in boston on st patties day? well worth the trip! And yes, large sweaty fat men with boots on can be dangerous if not looked out for.

Jaus
Jan-12-2006, 8:10am
OK, so my reply to this thread is a little old, but I just gotta say that I say Flogging Molly here in Germany last year. Had never heard them before and had no idea that there as a mando in the band.
GREAT SHOW!!!
Heavy pit, but I stayed out (my mosh pit day a over - got all moshed out back in San Francisco years ago).
I agree though, I think that the mandolin gets lost behind the guitar a bit too much, but man.... does that banjo stand out or what!