PDA

View Full Version : Randy Wood F Model

A9cp
Nov-18-2005, 12:20pm
Just working on MAS and need some opinions on a Randy Wood F model. Like his sound and build.

iampeterfonda
Nov-18-2005, 4:19pm
I don't own one but have played the one on this recording: http://www.redclayrecords.net/KatsuyukiMiyazakiMandoscape.htm
I think it was nearly ten years old when I tried it and had been played 4 or more hours every day in that time. It was a very woody and responsive mandolin.

Big Joe
Nov-18-2005, 7:11pm
Randy is a good builder. I was with him at the Roanoke Bluegrass Weekend last week adn we had a great time. He builds a very good mandolin and he is a very nice person and a good friend!

A9cp
Nov-18-2005, 7:33pm
Thanks Big Joe. I have been in his shop in GA and plan on stopping by there again next Tuesday. Good bunch of folks in there. It' so darn tempting when you go in there, he has a new F5, darn nice and A model. Starts that MAS up that's for sure and the little lady had to drag me out of there. #

I was just wondering about the sound as compared to a other makers and how close Randy's instruments compared to those Loar's.

mandopete
Nov-18-2005, 7:49pm
Check out Katsuyuki Miyazaki on Man-O-Mandolin. That is one of the nicest sounding mandolins you'll ever hear. It's a Randy Wood.

sgarrity
Nov-18-2005, 8:53pm
All of them I've ever heard have been great. One of the best of the best for sure. And isn't he asking $10k plus for his new F5's?