PDA

View Full Version : South Central Michigan jam

Autumn
Nov-14-2005, 3:13pm
I have an old church in Waldron Michigan, which is South central Michigan near the Ohio, Indiana border that I am trying to renovate into a concert place. The acuostics are wonderful, and there is parking. I am new to this, and need help getting the place going. I need help with minor repairs and then with getting this thing going. I have been working on it for months now, and am getting closer. Some extra hands would be great. I would love to hear from you.

250sc
Nov-15-2005, 7:46am
I'm in the Detroit suburbs so it isn't a quick trip to your area but if you get it running I'll likely swing down to see a show or two.

Best of luck.

Autumn
Dec-01-2005, 8:24am
I am wondering if there is anyone interested in coming to an open Jam in this place in Waldron, one day between Xmas and New Year. I am looking for a good day and time to start having jams and thought it would be a good time to start as some people with be off work then. It will be warm, and probabley be a small group to start off with. Interested people should let me know and I will create a mailing list. Thanks.

Katie
Dec-02-2005, 5:29pm
How far is that from the Toledo area? I've been looking for a place to play. I'm not that great yet, but I also play an assortment or recorders like they were tinwhistles and if you give me some time to get my chops back, trumpet. I'm actually going home for Christmas and won't be back in the area until late on the 28th, but let me know. I'm definitely interested. I might be able to get a few other people from here interested too.
-Katie

Autumn
Dec-12-2005, 1:19pm
It looks like the first Jam will be on Friday Dec. 30th, from 3pm to 7pm perhaps 9pm if interest lasts that long.. I will have a couple jams going on.. Please contact me directly if you are interested in attending.. it is free of course..

brunello97
Dec-18-2005, 11:53pm
I'd be up for this. I'm in Ann Arbor and suppose I could make the drive. I'm new to Michigan and don't know my geography quite well yet. Some directions would help.

What type of music are y'all interested in?

brunello97

Autumn
Dec-27-2005, 11:31am
Ok.. Dec 30th Friday, from 3pm to 7, 9 or whatever.. It is the first.. bring a chair if you can.. if not don't worry.. email me before Friday with questions if you have them..

Autumn
Dec-29-2005, 7:23am
It looks like the jam will go from 3pm to 7pm on Dec 30th.. in Waldron.. contact me if you would like to attend. It is a first one.. so probabley will not be a big turn out..

ManjoMan
Dec-29-2005, 8:53am
Did I read it right when you said it was an old church? If so, which one? I have actually played in Waldron a couple of times at a little Baptist church there. I can't remember the name right now, but I could look it up in my records. I'm in the Detroit suburbs and that's a good 2-1/2 hour drive for me. Is the location near or off of M-127? Best of luck getting it going.

Autumn
Jan-02-2006, 11:20am
great Jam.. Thanks for attending everyone.. Should have another one in acouple weeks on a Saturday from 12 to 3pm

Katie
Feb-12-2006, 7:52pm
So are you going to have any more of these?
-Katie