PDA

View Full Version : straps

JC JACK
Nov-11-2005, 2:38pm
This has been discussed many times before, but once again, where are several good sources for mandolin and or guitar straps (accoustic and electric). #Looking for gift #ideas.

thanks very much!

glauber
Nov-11-2005, 2:40pm
Check the classifieds (http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi). Search for "strap" and you'll find some really nice ones. Relatively cheap too.

mikeo2
Nov-11-2005, 2:48pm
I purchased a little leather strap from Hal Loflin (I believe is how you spell his name) on the classifieds here and I love it.

JC JACK
Nov-11-2005, 3:08pm
thanks very much! I found what I was looking for.

mlbex
Nov-18-2005, 6:21pm
I gave up after spending a whole morning trying out straps. I use a leather shoelace. Everything else gets in the way, or (gasp!) has metal parts which could scratch the finish.

Ken Berner
Nov-19-2005, 11:43am
I have been using a strip of rawhide that I dyed black, on my "F" mandolin. I must have done something right in '05 'cause my wife is giving me one of the Lauren Dudenbostel straps for my upcoming birthday, Christmas, New Years, 15th Anniversary, Easter, Father's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc.

I'll really be good in '06; maybe a Gibson Fern is next!

John Flynn
Nov-19-2005, 11:47am
Try Long Hollow Leather. Thier "Mandolin Softy" strap is my fave. They have some other nice looking stuff too. NFI, of course!
http://www.longhollowleather.com/

Hal Loflin
Nov-19-2005, 12:27pm
I have Long Hollow Leather "Softies" listed in the Cafe classifieds....Great straps!

glauber
Nov-19-2005, 5:25pm
Yes, i just got a softie too. It has no metal or plastic parts, it's just a strip of leather with the slots for the strap pegs. Very nice. It's also easy to make a strap by braiding together 3 bootstraps. It looks nice and works surprisingly well. You pay about $5 for the bootstraps, and it's done in 20 minutes.

Greenmando
Nov-19-2005, 6:24pm
We just received our "Dude" straps. Great straps.