PDA

View Full Version : Rose  F4

rose#1
Mar-21-2004, 9:47pm
here is a new F4 with a long scale and Aba,one rosette.

Kbone
Mar-24-2004, 8:12am
I have my second Rose on order , and folks these mandos are the real deal - especially the tone , and the price !!
the steal of the century. Darby already has a top notch player using ( group ' Nothing Fancy ' )his mandolin. If you're looking for a great mandolin that won't break the bank , you need not look any further.

Jonathan James
Mar-24-2004, 10:27am
I'm the lucky stiff who picked this F4 off the Classifieds. I've heard nothing but good things about Darby's work so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this one. I'll let you know how it sounds/looks once I get it.

katmando3
Mar-30-2004, 10:50am
Hey Darby! That sure looks like a beautiful instrument. I bought the black top f style from you last year and I'd like to talk to you about another one. Evidently your e-mail address has changed. Please get in touch. katmando3@aol.com

Kbone
Apr-04-2004, 9:52am
jjboone
Did you get your mando yet ?

Keith

rose#1
Apr-04-2004, 11:30am
Keith he got it a few days ago , he said he really liked it but the day he got it he had to leave to go to NY. He said he would post his reviews when he got back.

Ps I put together the binding treatment for your mando a little triple bound w/side binding eh?

Darby

Kbone
Apr-04-2004, 6:52pm
Hey , I can't wait - I'm telling you folks these mandos are the best deal out there . Tone wise they compete with the best , and I'm not being payed to say this..

Jonathan James
Apr-06-2004, 10:53am
Hey folks,

Yes, I did receive this great Rose F-4 mandolin (#15)and it is a real keeper. #On the finish side, Darby has done some outstanding work to make this look more like an 85-year-old instrument than a brand new one. Cool aging process for the binding to give it a slightly yellowed look. Very nice finish work all the way around and the one-piece quilted back is beautiful. He also did some nice inlays of abalone around the soundhole and a couple of inlays on the bridge itself. For a new mandolin, the sound is wonderful. It has that great tubby F4 sound, particulary on the G. Tone is very crisp in the high side. I'm sure it will only continue to get better as it opens up. This instrument is so new, you can still smell the finish/glue.

Overall, I'm very pleased. You'd clearly have to pay over $4K to find an old Gibson F-4 with this type of tone. No financial interest; just a pleased buyer.

JJ

rose#1
Apr-06-2004, 1:41pm
Thanks JJ I hope you had a good trip. If you ever need anything feel free to contact me. Rosemando@wmconnect.com

Darby