PDA

View Full Version : Larry keel

Steve Cantrell
Nov-03-2005, 8:21pm
I hope I'm not coming back to the well too many times with silly chord progression questions, but has anyone heard this song and could lend a fellow picker a hand?

kudzugypsy
Nov-03-2005, 9:27pm
i dont remember what key larry and i use to pick this one in, ( i think F, its been a while) #but, if you were to play the tune on guitar it would kick off in F > C > G > F with the verse going Am > C > G > F. those are the "grips" he plays out of, you will have to transpose it if its in a different key.

this progression is all over larry's stuff, very similiar to "Edward Teach" it allows a lot of freedom for soloing.

...oh, i need to add this. we were sitting around one night and i asked larry about that song - how he came up with it - he said they were touring out west (his first western trip) and they went to see the old oregon trail. he picked up a rock that was laying in the wagon tracks and he thought about all the people who had traveled that road and the song came to him right there.
larry is just the greatest guy, he is the REAL thing too.

Steve Cantrell
Nov-05-2005, 11:45am
Larry is definitely a cool guy, and I love Christian Hubbard's mando on that first CD. Overlooked,in my opinion. "Edward Teach" is another tune that just begs to be played.

jaco
Nov-18-2005, 7:07pm
Gotta love Larry's vocals. "When you're drivin down the mountain, don't let that liquor take your head". Can't remember the name of the tune but sounds like Larry might have lived a few of his lyrics.

sunburst
Nov-18-2005, 7:13pm
Gotta love Larry's vocals. "When you're drivin down the mountain, don't let that liquor take your head". Can't remember the name of the tune but sounds like Larry might have lived a few of his lyrics.
Let's just say I've known him since he was a teenager, and a hot pickin' teenager he was!