PDA

View Full Version : Hardshell Case

brian2
Mar-19-2004, 9:17pm
I want to buy a Hardshell case for my Mandolin that will protect it from sudden changes in temperature, and shock, at a low price What would you all recommend? TIA,
Brian

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Scotti Adams
Mar-19-2004, 9:39pm
..there is a nice Super Case made by Modern Case Co. in the classifieds that my friend Ben Ellis has for sale..you cant go wrong there...great case at a super price...

Fuzzyway
Mar-19-2004, 10:53pm
I'll add my endorsement for the super case. I have one and love it. Especially like the shoulder strap which leaves my hands free to carry other stuff.

Fuzzy

Jaded
Mar-20-2004, 2:56am
I like my Super Case a lot. It's a little bulky and a tad on the heavy side (not like calton heavy, but heavier than a typical plywood case), but it has lots of room for storage, fits snugly and the straps are real handy.

levin4now
Mar-24-2004, 8:44pm
I recommend the Travelite case. Hardshell under a denier nylon outer shell. Good protection/cushion inside, good support. A locking latch, a velcro strap, zipper all teh way around the perimeter, and the two handle velcro together. Backpack straps make it easier to carry when carrying other things. Inexpensive too. Can't remember what I paid - approx 60 bucks?

adm

Jonathan James
Mar-24-2004, 8:54pm
those new vintage style cases Elderly and Greg Boyd carry look pretty cool and a good deal for under a $100!