Scotti Adams
Mar-19-2004, 6:30pm
..thought you might like this

levin4now
Mar-19-2004, 8:21pm
That's Sam Bush isn't it?

Scotti Adams
Mar-19-2004, 8:31pm
..yep..I know Jeremy is a Bush fan....I think it is a rather cool pic..something you dont see every day...

mandoJeremy
Mar-19-2004, 11:16pm
Love it dude! Thanks! Where was that taken? Ahhhh.....the MAN!

Scotti Adams
Mar-19-2004, 11:54pm
..Im not sure where it was taken..I found it Googling...

Jim Hilburn
Mar-20-2004, 9:49am
I held this little tidbit back, but this might be a good place to tell it.
The guy who bought my last mandolin happened to be an old friend of Sam's. In his words,"we've known each other since the Johnson administration". No,Johnson wasn't a mandolin builder, he once was the president. (I think he meant Lyndon and not Andrew.)
After I had let him know it was done, he called and said to meet him at a Sam Bush concert in Denver, and he'd have the check. So I met him there, and we enjoyed a great 2 1/2 hour show, and afterwards, went to the stage with the mandolin. Rick let the stage manager know we were there, and out came Sam. He played the mandolin, and seemed to really like it and was very complimentary. But listening to him and my friend trade stories and catch up on what's going on was priceless.
Like I told Will Kimble last week, the best part of this whole thing is the people you get to meet.

Scotti Adams
Mar-20-2004, 11:15am
..cool story Jim....Sams the real deal....not a hint of the big head anywhere..just as common as you and I...

Jim Hilburn
Mar-20-2004, 11:38am
One thing that I noticed was that high energy he has onstage is still there when he gets off stage.

Mar-20-2004, 9:10pm
Sam is really funny offstage. Probably the best comdedian among mando players

jmpullen
Mar-22-2004, 1:13pm
On my first visit to the Gibson Showcase, some years ago, I was showing my wife the Sam Bush they had there at the kiosk. Someone behind me says " You really ought to buy that ". Yes,
you guessed it, it was Sam. How lucky can you get ? We both
were admiring how good a job Gibson does on the Bush. Like
Mav said, no arrogant airs about ole Sam, but it was very
evident to me that I was talking to greatness, an obvious
professional, who hasn't forgotten when he wasn't !! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif