PDA

View Full Version : Jams in Boone, N.C area

MandoPup
Oct-22-2005, 4:55pm
We're going to be in Boone, Wednesday and Thursday night, Oct. 26 and 27.
Any open bluegrass jams in the area?
My wife is a good singer and guitar player and I play mandolin. We live in Winston-Salem. We have a group here. We'd like to meet some people and play music while we're visiting Boone next week.
Ted

albeham
Feb-02-2012, 10:08am
So is there anything going on in Boone,NC? Going there ins a few weeks.

AlanN
Feb-02-2012, 10:16am
I'd give the Appalachian Music Shop in Boone a call. Good folks, very much a bluegrass store, they would know if anything goes on.

reverhar
Feb-02-2012, 10:16am
So is there anything going on in Boone,NC? Going there ins a few weeks.

ASU Fiddlers Convention on Feb 18th

http://fiddle.apps.appstate.edu/

Punch Brothers on Friday night, Fiddlers convention on Saturday, Tim O'Brien concert on Saturday night

Michael H Geimer
Feb-02-2012, 3:45pm
Thanks for the bump! Wife and I were already staying in Banner Elk that night, but plans are now switching over to Boone for that night. :) Enjoy a great show, then stick around Saturday for some jamming.

- MG

albeham
Feb-03-2012, 7:46am
Thanks all..
AL

Rick Albertson
Feb-04-2012, 12:35am
A few years ago I was in Boone to do some work for Samaritan's Purse and asked around about a jam on Friday night. Was told to take a road out of town a few miles and turn right at the first road after crossing the railroad tracks. Ended up at a country store with a bluegrass band playing, including a cousin of Doc Watson.

albeham
Feb-06-2012, 10:21am
that's cool.. i ask I'll ask in town.

Any store in town that sell mandolins?

AL

Jonathan James
Feb-06-2012, 3:23pm
That little store might have been the General Store in Todd, NC, a short drive from Boone. They apparently have a pretty great jam on the weekends that has attracted many well-known pickers. Right near Doc's home place in Deep Gap.

albeham
Feb-07-2012, 8:04am
Now that's cool..