PDA

View Full Version : Ryder EM54

Trip
Mar-19-2004, 3:07am
I think this is a newer addition to his line, the EM54/54 is a semihollow(but no holes)with a mag or humbucker p/u and a piezo...with a blender knob for unlimited settings...and also can be set up with full on midi triggers and builtin preamps and all...which I dont know the first thing about and wouldnt be ordering anyway.....has anyone had the opportunity to play or own one of these, it looks like a very versatile instrument but the chances of finding one to play before ordering would be slim...Ive seen good reports on some of the other(solid) lines but never seen a reveiw of the semihollows(and he has quite a few on his site)....Ill even take a reveiw of one of the other semi hollow models...thanks...Trip

StrangerStringBand (http://www.strangerstringband.com)

Lee
Mar-19-2004, 12:30pm
I'm not much help Trip, but I installed a set of Mike Christian saddle piezo pick-ups on my BlueStar MandoBlaster and was not impressed. I ran both pickups to a stereo jack and used a stereo cable to feed into a Fishman Blender. The mag pick-up into the microphone input and the piezo into the transducer input. (Fishman said this was correct and OK) No matter what I tried the piezo sounded percussive and sterile.

Christian McKee
Mar-19-2004, 12:55pm
Hmmm, this fellow: www.andrewhendryx.com, plays one of the EM-34's (http://www.sjryder.com/5-string_cutaway.htm.) It may be worth contacting him to see what he has to say about his instrument, as it's Ryder semi-hollow with a humbucker and a peizo... I'm trying to get a copy of his disc, otherwise I'd tell you how it sounds. FWIW, I love my EM-44.

Taboot, Taboot,

Christian

mrmando
Mar-19-2004, 9:14pm
Andrew's EM34 sounds GORGEOUS. I have both his discs.

Christian McKee
Mar-22-2004, 12:50pm
Where did you find them?

Taboot, Taboot,

Christian

mrmando
Mar-22-2004, 4:55pm
Er, ah, he sent them to me at emando.com and I owe him a review.

Christian McKee
Mar-25-2004, 2:09pm
Are they for sale anywhere that he told you about? I can't find them listed anywhere but his own website...

Christian