PDA

View Full Version : Old Time Mandolin Workshop, Scotland

nigelgatherer
Oct-08-2005, 3:16am
I know, I know. I should have done this weeks ago. However...

I'm doing an Old Time Mandolin Workshop in East Kilbride, Scotland TODAY (Saturday 8th October) from 2-6pm. Even if you haven't book, there are still a few p;laces left, so you'd be able to just turn up.

Profuse apologies to anyone who would have liked to come along had they known - I'll try to make it up to you.

John Ritchhart
Oct-15-2005, 1:44pm
Hey Nigel sorry I didnt pick this up sooner. Not that I could have made it anyway. But if you get something planned in future let me know. I'm in Switzerland but get to the U.K. once in a while. Just an intermediate player at this point. Thanks.

nigelgatherer
Oct-16-2005, 4:02am
Hi, jbrwky, how are the slithy toves? Brillig!

Sorry I didn't get announcements out earlier, but I'll certainly keep everyone informed of events in future. What kind of music do you mainly play?

John Ritchhart
Nov-05-2005, 2:57am
Hi Nigel, Sorry for the late reply. I play a little of everything. Celtic, a little Bg, Old time, fiddle tunes. Just an intermediate I guess but having a good time working these up. Biggest challenge is finding people to play with at this level. Presently working on Irish Washer Woman, Jerusalem Ridge, and Fishers Hornpipe. I play all these at about 180. Need more practice time and time playing with others. But I'm having fun. Drop me an email if you get a chance and let me know what you're planning.