PDA

View Full Version : Bauer bouzoukis

Alekos
Mar-18-2004, 1:13pm
Hello folks,

here is something new for your irish stuff - an irish bouzouki made by Olda Bauer, from Pilsen(Czech Republic). Mr. Bauer have a great reputation in making string instruments(mainly harps and bouzoukis) this is one of his latest models - sorry for the poor quality..

Alekos
Mar-18-2004, 1:14pm
side view (top:solid spruce, fretboard:ebony, german tuners, back and sides:wallnut(oiled) and the soundboard is laquered)

Steve L
Mar-18-2004, 5:28pm
That just looks loud. Any idea about price in US currency Alekos?

Alekos
Mar-19-2004, 7:05am
The price will be from 450USD, but i don't know exactly; I must ask the builder..

pickinBob
Mar-19-2004, 9:25am
If those are the price you said, 450$USD could you find out for sure and how we can get them. What more do you know about the quality of this instrument? Have you ever played one?

Alekos
Mar-20-2004, 2:56am
Sharp eye Jacob! I've posted all the links to a Czech builders to the Scott before some time. Hope it will be helpfull to you all..

Anyway I'm in direct contact with Olda Bauer; that means until Olda will get some dealer in the USA I will be his contact man.

I will have all the actual informations you need in few days

pickinBob
Mar-26-2004, 1:46am
Is there a specification sheet for these? Cant seem to find any info on the web site.

Alekos
Mar-30-2004, 3:59pm
The informations about this bouzouki was given to me before some time (directly from the Luthier), I'm afraid, that the luthier don't make bouzoukis more - he is fully busy by making irish harps and hurdy-gurdys http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif Look at the Jan Klima - also in the CBOM section..